Motor wants to idle at 2000rpm

Just gonna add my 2 cents in case anyone has a similar issue. I replaced my iac, map, tps, plugs, etc because of a very rough idle (sometimes stalling out at stoplights and other times idling at 1500 rpm). It ended up being a loose vacuum hose connection running from just below the throttle body to the MAP sensor. The rubber connector just did not hug the connection tight enough. Fixed the issue immediately. Can't believe it was that simple, but I guess at least I have some new parts installed now.

Reactions: machoheadgames
Just gonna add my 2 cents in case anyone has a similar issue. I replaced my iac, map, tps, plugs, etc because of a very rough idle (sometimes stalling out at stoplights and other times idling at 1500 rpm). It ended up being a loose vacuum hose connection running from just below the throttle body to the MAP sensor. The rubber connector just did not hug the connection tight enough. Fixed the issue immediately. Can't believe it was that simple, but I guess at least I have some new parts installed now.
Wow, that's a surprise. Nice work. What did you use to fix it, just a new rubber elbow at that connection?

Wow, that's a surprise. Nice work. What did you use to fix it, just a new rubber elbow at that connection?
I was very surprised myself. Yep. Grabbed a pack of 4 elbows at Autozone for $6. My check engine light finally came on even though I was having idling issues for months. I got a code 13 from the OBD1 and one of the possible explanations was atmospheric pressure from the MAP. That elbow was original so I replaced it.