M.O.R.E.

Dooley the Clown

Has anyone used M.O.R.E. boomerang shackles? And if so, what is your opinion of them or recommendations? Thanks.
Screenshot_20210724-085819_Chrome.jpg

Not sure what the cost/benefit is on these compared to regular greasable shackles set up with correct springs. The only time I needed these type shackles that prevent "shackle inversion" would have been with the POS procrap springs I put on a CJ. The springs were to short IMO and the shackles were tipped at like a 40 degree angle toward the spring eyes. Drop one side down and the shackle flipped over and jammed up against the frame. Id have to take a prybar to flip it back the right way. There is lots of reading on "normal" shackle angle if you interested and have problems with inversion. I have basic HD greaseable ones and they are Okie dokie.

Used MORE in the past. I used the 3/8” lift. They are fine, nice and beefy. The Rubicon Express are nice too. Can’t go wrong with either. MORE offers 3/8” and 5/8” lift heights, RE offers stock and 1/2”

MORE is made from 3/8” plate steel, RE 1/4”. Both are adequate for the job.

Only got rid of my MOREs and REs because I needed to run OMEs with the OME springs.