Loose steering: is it difficult to replace the tie rods, drag links etc.?

skiznits

Lots of play in the steering.

Wondering if replacing some those steering components...like tie rod ends and those 2 large rods/sleeves may help. The rubber housings on the ends are shot.

Watched jeep solid's YouTube on tie rods and didn't look all that difficult. But before I embark on this wdyt about this...will it even help?

On rock auto and looking at this Mevotech brand. Never heard of it but the rubber housings are a 'fancy' blue😂.

Thx.

The trac bar that runs from the frame to the front diff is something most of us remove. Far as tie rods, and the drag link they can easily be replaced. If the boots are shot then water and dirt and a lack of lube has taken its toll on the sockets and ball ends. Typically removing the nut and hitting the side of the steering knuckle right where the rod goes thru will knock them loose. If not a "pickle fork" is your friend. Be advised unless you get the lenght of the tie rod ends exact you should get an alignment done after. or you could always google how to set the toe and watch a puke tube editorial. Regarding parts, there is a lot of crap china made stuff to be had. Most of us try to use Mopar or Moog for stock parts.

My tie rod adjustment was completely frozen on one end (Passenger side) and the previous owner tried adjusting the alignment all from the other end which threw off the steering wheel. I ended up pulling it out and using lots of heat, lube, and a really big wrench to loosen it and replace the tie rod ends.