Jeep not level from driver to passenger side!

Greenback Trout

I cannot figure out why the jeep is not level from the driver to passenger side? Passenger side 1-1 1/2" lower than driver side measuring off front fender to tire? The 90 yj has a new 4" leaf under Rancho Suspension, new M.O.R.E. Front Double tracking bar (front) and cross bars. I have checked all linkage to no avail to determine why the leaning to the passenger side. I will eventually install a rear tracking bar but that should have no impact on the entire length of the jeep leaning. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

If you havent installed the track bar yet send it back and get a refund. Waste of money and neither end need a track bar or sway bars for the most of us yj'ers. Make sure the springs are installed correctly,some have fronts and rears made specifically. id also measure from the bottom edge of the tub and not the fenders which are easily bent up or down some, just saying on that one. Shackles are installed correctly, bushings good, frame isnt bent or cracked and rewelded incorrectly. Verify the shackle bolts are not cranked so tight the shackles are bound up and cannot move freely with minimual effort. Verify you have equal amount of leafs in each pack, side to side. These days you never know what some flunkie spalled together in the warehouse. Just some thoughts that come to my mind.

After being under the tub for installing new u-joints, diff covers, and the track arm I did notice the shackles over the axle on the passenger side were not plum. Could the shocks be an issue (most likely not)? I will look into the leaf springs as well. Thank you!

If you havent installed the track bar yet send it back and get a refund. Waste of money and neither end need a track bar or sway bars for the most of us yj'ers. Make sure the springs are installed correctly,some have fronts and rears made specifically. id also measure from the bottom edge of the tub and not the fenders which are easily bent up or down some, just saying on that one. Shackles are installed correctly, bushings good, frame isnt bent or cracked and rewelded incorrectly. Verify the shackle bolts are not cranked so tight the shackles are bound up and cannot move freely with minimual effort. Verify you have equal amount of leafs in each pack, side to side. These days you never know what some flunkie spalled together in the warehouse. Just some thoughts that come to my mind.
Gilaguy23, I did notice that the + is facing forward on the driver side and the + is facing rearward on the passenger side. The rear leafs have the + facing to the rear, which I do get rubbing went taking a right turn. Does this make since to you, I understand having the spring face different directions to compensate for drive side weight, however, the rear throw me off.

GBT

Gilaguy23, I did notice that the + is facing forward on the driver side and the + is facing rearward on the passenger side. The rear leafs have the + facing to the rear, which I do get rubbing went taking a right turn. Does this make since to you, I understand having the spring face different directions to compensate for drive side weight, however, the rear throw me off.

GBT
That makes sense because the spring direction is based on the bushings, unless you have poly bushings you installed into the eyelets yourself in which case you install the springs facing with the + in whatever direction the instructions tell you to.

Tire rubbing the spring on a turn means the steering stop needs to be adjusted. The left side steering stop controls the right turns, so adjust it. It's just a bolt on the left steering knuckle, remove the bolt, put a washer under the welded nut and then thread the bolt back in. Sometimes it takes two or three washers depending on how thick the washers are and how much rubbing you have.

Reactions: Greenback Trout