ISO Bestop Sunrider Softop Windshield Brackets

quadratel has a windshield bracket kit for best soft top/$39.95, not sure if that what you are looking for/good luck

I had one on my 91 and I assume your talking about the quarter turn to lock down ones. Might give McMaster Carr a look as they have all kinds of odd ball hardware. Thats all I can think of.

.this is kind of crazy, i call my machineist buddy about you problem and he stated to call besttop and ask if they would give the name of the company that produced that part, they in turn could make you a paper copy and then you make a template and reproduce the part. he also said that those pin could be found at most hardware store, but you may have to shorten them. it may be worth a country boy try. i am still looking. good luck

Reactions: Ceotheis
i just found out that besttop is made in louisville, colorado and is attacted to kinderhook indusatries in boulder colorado. good luck

Reactions: Ceotheis
.this is kind of crazy, i call my machineist buddy about you problem and he stated to call besttop and ask if they would give the name of the company that produced that part, they in turn could make you a paper copy and then you make a template and reproduce the part. he also said that those pin could be found at most hardware store, but you may have to shorten them. it may be worth a country boy try. i am still looking. good luck
This style does not have pin, they currently still sell parts for that style.

Call Bestop directly...800/845-3567 Part # 332.01 (driver's side windshield bracket) is still in stock @ 6.95. From the looks of the schematic, the passenger side bracket looks identical when flipped over. I would order 2 driver's side brackets and see if that is the case. I just called Bestop this morning (5.17.24) to confirm their availability.

The Sunrider has been discontinued and my guess (based on your schematic being from Quadratec) is that you were informed by Quadratec that parts weren't available. I had a similar situation last year when I tried to order a replacement top for my Sunrider. Quadratec said, no longer available, but when I reached out to Bestop directly, they still had my replacement top. (See the pic of my rig to the left. The side windows are 25 years old, the top is 9 months old. Very subtle color difference, but I can live w/ that given the alternative.)

Call and order them asap!

I called them directly(bestop) already and dont have them in stock and are not making them no more. What website says there are in stock? I have in seen them exist on the install instructions not anywhere else. Also flipping drivers side wont work there is one bracket for each side.

As mentioned in my earlier post, I called Bestop myself, yesterday and spoke with a woman who researched my part request. It took her awhile, but she did find part # 332.01 still in stock and quoted the price at $6.95. (I doubt she could have known the price if the part was out of stock.) My guess is that when you reached out to Bestop, the person with whom you spoke didn't do a thorough research. You should call them AGAIN and inform them that a rep. indicated the part was still in stock, as of Friday 5/18.

On closer inspection of the 2 parts... you are correct. The driver's side bracket cannot simply be flipped. There is a cylindrical housing on ea. bracket that fits & holds the "horizontal bar" which is part of the overall framing. That housing would have to be cut and remounted to adapt a driver's side bracket to work on the passenger side. My sense is that a decent metal shop could accomplish this relatively easily.

So, IMHO, your best shot at accomplishing this task is again calling Bestop and ordering 2 ea. part # 332.01. By doing so, you'll, for sure, have one of them, and at least a proto-type that a good machinist can use to adapt, or make from scratch. My sense is that trying to find these 2 parts as a stand alone request on line will be next to impossible. And, even if that doesn't succeed, you are only out a total of $15.00., hardly a huge investment while trying to restore a classic Sunrider.

As mentioned in my earlier post, I called Bestop myself, yesterday and spoke with a woman who researched my part request. It took her awhile, but she did find part # 332.01 still in stock and quoted the price at $6.95. (I doubt she could have known the price if the part was out of stock.) My guess is that when you reached out to Bestop, the person with whom you spoke didn't do a thorough research. You should call them AGAIN and inform them that a rep. indicated the part was still in stock, as of Friday 5/18.

On closer inspection of the 2 parts... you are correct. The driver's side bracket cannot simply be flipped. There is a cylindrical housing on ea. bracket that fits & holds the "horizontal bar" which is part of the overall framing. That housing would have to be cut and remounted to adapt a driver's side bracket to work on the passenger side. My sense is that a decent metal shop could accomplish this relatively easily.

So, IMHO, your best shot at accomplishing this task is again calling Bestop and ordering 2 ea. part # 332.01. By doing so, you'll, for sure, have one of them, and at least a proto-type that a good machinist can use to adapt, or make from scratch. My sense is that trying to find these 2 parts as a stand alone request on line will be next to impossible. And, even if that doesn't succeed, you are only out a total of $15.00., hardly a huge investment while trying to restore a classic Sunrider.
Awesome thanks, Ill give Bestop a call back.