Is there a roll bar available that connects the windshield to the roll cage when the top is off?

Ayrehed

Is there a roll bar available that connects the windshield to the roll cage when the top is off?

Screenshot_20231214_172853_Photo Editor.jpg

I've never seen that before either, and I've seen a lot of YJ's. Normally they are as Flyer said, and its the same size diameter roll bar that bolts to the windshield frame. There was only two types of roll bars that came from the factory, Early on was the sport bar, and then came the family bar. That roll bar has had to have been modified. Only pics that I have showing the family bar (same as yours except without the mod).
007-1228-P.jpg

8977-1442p-Cro.jpg

Reactions: Flyer58
In these screenshots you can see the hole in the roll cage where one end of the bar fastens, and the piece on the windshield the bar slides down over. There is a slide mechanism to lock when it attaches to the windshield. The third pic shows the bar in place. What it doesn't show is the outside of the bar where there are 4 sliding snaps. This is how the soft top is connected to the jeep over the doors. The rest of the top has a piece that slides into a groove, which is how they are all over now, I believe.

Screenshot_20231214_211440_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231214_211454_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231214_211545_Gallery.jpg

I've never unzipped the padding on mine to see what's underneath but I'm certain the bars over the drivers door are round tubes. When i get home I'll take a look.

Reactions: Ayrehed
Somebody removed the spreader bars which are tubes around 2" thick that have a flange on the end that bolts to the windshield frame.

Those tubes that you are missing I believe slide onto a stub that is attached to the B pillar hoop. the tubes fasten to the stubs using a security torx bolt.

1702667251229.png

The piece your soft top snaps to is different. You are missing the factory spreaders pictured above.

Reactions: Ayrehed and DOWNS
After digging out my soft top frame that's been buried for a couple of years, I saw that the two horizontal rails that you are referring to are attached to my soft top frame (they're not as wide as yours in your pic). So I went out to look at the YJ and there's a vertical channel attached to the windshield frame, those rails with the snaps attach to that vertical frame that's attached to each side windshield frame. Again, I haven't had the soft top on since the day I brought it home two years ago.
1319-1170p.jpg

5284-2080p.jpg

Side view without the top or frame on.
838x629-P-Enh.jpg

Reactions: Ayrehed