High steer

Jeepingene

Got a 91 I’m making great again that’s spring under and will stay that way and have been looking in to high steer. I’ve been looking at the sidewinder, rocky road, and more kits but haven’t been able to find much about real experience and use. I’ve heard about busting the knuckles using these types of kits and don’t want to waste my money. Just wondering if there’s anybody that runs one of these kits and has really put it through its paces.

Reactions: ytradio
91 YJ.

no kit posted,
the stock knuckles are drop hammer forced HT, steel, what those are is anyones guess. (just the silly billet word)
are you doing this for LOOKS? , is this to do extreme off road crawling, what is your purpose.?
my guess is this kit,, a real link to it. there photos stink, for sure brackets.

it does nothing for main axle clearance , only for rods and leafs. upfront.

on the road, as DD, it is all down side. HIGH CG is a down side. Jacked.

the side winder show only new brackets not knuckles new. but nice photos there yes.
the adaptor for the stock knuckles , the stock knuckles must be ground down. (the FSM says never grind cut any knuckle)
so, RR , uses knuckle adapter brackets.
In other words, the answer to the original posters question in “ NO”, you have no real world experience with a high steer conversion.

91 YJ.

no kit posted,
the stock knuckles are drop hammer forced HT, steel, what those are is anyones guess. (just the silly billet word)
are you doing this for LOOKS? , is this to do extreme off road crawling, what is your purpose.?
my guess is this kit,, a real link to it. there photos stink, for sure brackets.

it does nothing for main axle clearance , only for rods and leafs. upfront.

on the road, as DD, it is all down side. HIGH CG is a down side. Jacked.

the side winder show only new brackets not knuckles new. but nice photos there yes.
the adaptor for the stock knuckles , the stock knuckles must be ground down. (the FSM says never grind cut any knuckle)
so, RR , uses knuckle adapter brackets.
No I’m not gonna spend that much money on high steer for looks. Thanks for the reply but that wasn’t helpful at all bud.

Reactions: ytradio