Headlight relay installation troubles

Finn

‘93 manual 2.5L. I was having trouble with the headlight switch heating up and the lights going out. Thought I would do the headlight relay hack before I replaced the switch and bought a premade harness online. Hooked everything up as said and now when I turn the low beam on, the high beams come on instead and when I turn on the blinker, the hazards start flashing. I noticed on the driver side plug there are four wires instead of three. Is that normal. I set up the harness to plug in on the passenger side close to the battery. Should I run a longer wire and plug in on the drivers side? Did I pick up the wrong part? Thanks. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089M4DC45/?tag=yjforum-20

Thank you for the replys. Turns out the ground from the stock harness broke when I was screwing it back on. Plastic was holding it so I didn’t notice. Low beams still don’t work so I will try to chase it down. It is strange, the amber lights come on, but not the low beams.

Thank you for the replys. Turns out the ground from the stock harness broke when I was screwing it back on. Plastic was holding it so I didn’t notice. Low beams still don’t work so I will try to chase it down. It is strange, the amber lights come on, but not the low beams.
Hey dorf , looks like the problem was an “OPEN” ground,

problems. not problem and there will be more ,once all is checked out.

a Great question.
refr> post #2 schematic.(aka, wiring diagram)

it's not strange at all, I posted the schematic, the parks are wired VIA there own feed., L7 and own fuse 8 too.
that way in a collision, head lamps can die but parks glowing good safe in the dark, see? nice no?
see FEED L7, park wiring? it has it's own path by DESIGN.

if you pulled a trailer and the trailer shorted PARK (wow common) the head lamps keep going. amazing safe design.

good luck. the problem is simple. use a meter lean to use a DMM . find open and shorts or even bad voltage drops;.
my check your short /grounds, was a joke.,

i refuse to guess for you. I can only advice 2 things, read the schematic, and how to use the meter,. (volts and amps both)
called diagnosis.
I am sorry, didn’t realize it was your vehicle.