Green Jeep

Ben Venner

New to the Forum. I have a 95 YJ with a 2.5 and the 5 speed AX5. It is lifted 4" with a rough country kit. I'm on 33x12.5/15's on a 15x10 Tactik wheel. Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 tires. It was was originally Hunter Green? I think that's the name. It's the newer green now, from the TJ era, and painted pretty poorly. I have the tan interior which is in very good shape. The frame of the Jeep was awful when I bought it. Poorly patched. Just awful. That is almost all reconciled now. One more chunk to do and it will be more replacement sections than original frame. Has a soundbar and JBL sound, and a Kenwood head unit. Thats about it. Ive changed a lot since I bought it, i'll add a picture from when I bought it to now, black wheels are the newer photos. I have a hardtop and a tan soft top as well.
tempImageObOPxC.jpg
tempImageTfiDkk.jpg
tempImageOBCzeS.jpg

-B

Nice Jeep! Well done. I am new to the Jeep world and also just joined the forum. I have a 95 emerald green that is completely stock, and I am looking for some inspiration. For one, your seats are super rad, where did you get those?

Thinking about a 33" tire on a 3-3.5 lift from BDS, and also have the 2.5 w/ AX5. Does it drive alright? I have read some stuff about being under powered.

Then one last question; from what I think I have learned, boomerang shackles are super rad. But I see you have two different orientations pictured? From what I read the last picture looks correct, but I really don't know. Is that a part of the rough country kit? And are you happy with the rough country lift?

Thanks!

Nice Jeep! Well done. I am new to the Jeep world and also just joined the forum. I have a 95 emerald green that is completely stock, and I am looking for some inspiration. For one, your seats are super rad, where did you get those?

Thinking about a 33" tire on a 3-3.5 lift from BDS, and also have the 2.5 w/ AX5. Does it drive alright? I have read some stuff about being under powered.

Then one last question; from what I think I have learned, boomerang shackles are super rad. But I see you have two different orientations pictured? From what I read the last picture looks correct, but I really don't know. Is that a part of the rough country kit? And are you happy with the rough country lift?

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!
Thank you for your kind words. This Jeep has been a project. I come from XJ's and TJ's, so this is new territory for me too. The interior is a stock interior, that somehow survived the pervious owner. Not the most sought after seats, those would be the green Saharas. But they do look good. There's a VIN code for this interior, I'll take a look tomorrow and see what it is. I'm sure someone on here knows it off the top of their head.

You shouldn't have problems with cruising and light off-roading with 33" tires, the Dana 30 in the front will be your weak spot. There are a million solutions for that. Different axles, axle shafts, gearing, and so on. But for most uses, 33's are just fine, but don't expect the world out of the Dana 30. A 3-3.5 lift will fit those fine, and BDS is a great quality company. You don't have to go that high-end, even. Something lesser will do the same job. Hence why I have a RC on this Jeep.

Drivability, yes, it's underpowered. I can cruise 55 in 4th gear on flat ground. I don't use 5th gear unless I somehow I get it to 70, which is rare, and I have 4:11 gearing. Just fine for a cruiser, but not a commuter. But my engine is tired, 215k.

As for the shackles, the first picture is "correct" the older picture with the huge stinger on the bumper, would be flipped/boomerang shackles.

Awesome! Thanks for the information!

I am noticing I tend to like the original seats, but its hard to find them in good condition. My interior is grey/black. Looking to go to the tan/brown look. I like the seats you have, and seen others on other posts. They all have been in such great condition on the forum, I thought they were aftermarket.

Its hard not to want the RC kit because its half the price, but it will be my commuter. BUUUUUUT I only commute like 2 miles everyday.... I am still back and forth. I also have heard really good things about Old Man Emu kits, but they only offer 2.5" lift. I would like to stay away from a body lift if I can...

Awesome! Thanks for the information!

I am noticing I tend to like the original seats, but its hard to find them in good condition. My interior is grey/black. Looking to go to the tan/brown look. I like the seats you have, and seen others on other posts. They all have been in such great condition on the forum, I thought they were aftermarket.

Its hard not to want the RC kit because its half the price, but it will be my commuter. BUUUUUUT I only commute like 2 miles everyday.... I am still back and forth. I also have heard really good things about Old Man Emu kits, but they only offer 2.5" lift. I would like to stay away from a body lift if I can...
The seats aren't the hardest thing in the world to find, but will take some searching, or some cash. Or both, depends on how you want to balance those. The dash would be a pretty in-depth install, but not difficult. Mine are not perfect, but look good in photos.

My opinion on lifts, & there's people on here I'm sure would fight me on this, but unless you're super serious, or super rich, the metal parts on the lifts are 90% all the same. For daily driving and light/medium use, the shocks are what make the difference. Emu makes great kits, but if you couple an RC lift with some higher end shocks, you will be happy. Use a Fox, Bilstein, Rancho, BDS, or a higher end RC shock with an RC lift. Stay away from body lifts, they are pointless.

Reactions: SamTravScrant
Nice YJ!! and congrats on the good work

I have to admit when I read "Green Jeep" I was thinking it had gone to the dark side with an electric motor. :)

Ben, big fan also of your seats. In my YJ rebuild (95, emerald green) I finally found a full set of used like yours for $150.00 on craigslist. @SamTravScrant, scour CL and facebook marketplace, you may find some. As someone mentioned, I've never been really impressed with what aftermarket has to offer in the seating department.

Ben, big fan also of your seats. In my YJ rebuild (95, emerald green) I finally found a full set of used like yours for $150.00 on craigslist. @SamTravScrant, scour CL and facebook marketplace, you may find some. As someone mentioned, I've never been really impressed with what aftermarket has to offer in the seating department.
Good to know! I set a couple of saved searches. I also found some on ebay but they were pretty worn, I am going to try and hold out for a nicer set. I am still piling money but I did my first "mod"

cup holder.jpg

Rattle canned it the body color and got a little rubber do-hicky so my tumblr doesn't rattle in the hole.... Next is the lift lol

Reactions: ACKyj
Nice YJ!! and congrats on the good work

I have to admit when I read "Green Jeep" I was thinking it had gone to the dark side with an electric motor. :)
Thank you, its been a project. I see how you read that now, didn't think of that. I don't have a name for it, its just the first green jeep i've had, so that's its name as far as im concerned.

Thank you, ive seen a few sets for sale, and one or two of the green Sahara seats, but nice ones cost an arm and a leg. Aftermarket seats almost always end up being big bucket seats which look out of place if your rig isn't built built.

Good to know! I set a couple of saved searches. I also found some on ebay but they were pretty worn, I am going to try and hold out for a nicer set. I am still piling money but I did my first "mod"

View attachment 121039

Rattle canned it the body color and got a little rubber do-hicky so my tumblr doesn't rattle in the hole.... Next is the lift lol
Gotta start somewhere!