Whyjay93

Hi all, I’ve just finished putting a 95 5.2 magnum into my 93 YJ. when I turn the key to ON, the fuel pump doesn’t prime.
It cranks over, but the fuel pump is not working. I used a 95 ram PCM with the factory Jeep 4.0 harness. I simply added 2 wires to Jeep harness for the 2 extra injectors (7,8) and spliced the ASD wires for those injectors. Every other wire is exactly as it was with 4.0 ,just lengthened or cut down to fit. I can jumper wire the fuel relay and the pump will work . Both PCM’s (ram,Jeep) Pinouts read as though each cavity performs the exact same function, so I assumed splicing in the extra 2 injectors would be the simplest way. Also, I’ve grounded the neutral safety switch (ram pcm was auto) and the ground wire coming for the pump.

Did I assume wrong with the pcm cavity’s performing the same function? Or is there something I have overlooked?
thanks

I guess the question is whether the engine will start with the pump jumper in. If it does you need to look into what tells the pump to start. If it doesn’t start the next look is the asd system. I also ran into a crank no start when the pcm wasn’t getting a crank signal from the ignition switch. Asd would power up but pcm would not pulse anything. The pcm ground signal should activate the pump if it’s conditions are met. I have not seen the ram pin out but in my case it was a yellow wire to starter solenoid that caused the issue.