Floor Rust

benhofa

The flooring right at the rollbar behind the passenger seat is rusting rather badly. Suggestions on how to patch or floor pans to buy to weld in. I am not a welder but "i have a guy" Replacing the tub is out of the question as far as finances go....
IMG_7505.jpg

The flooring right at the rollbar behind the passenger seat is rusting rather badly. Suggestions on how to patch or floor pans to buy to weld in. I am not a welder but "i have a guy" Replacing the tub is out of the question as far as finances go....View attachment 122572
That will possibly be a bear to do a top notch job on. Mine has been that way on both sides and I would hate to have to tackle it without removing the tub. I would start by removing the seat belt where it is attached near the floor so you can see what shape the bracket behind the door opening is in. Mine were a total loss and it is a problem area for rust. If there is enough good metal around the rusted area welding in new steel is the best way to go for sure. Key Parts panels in my opinion are the best and can be found many places but I just got the ones that I used from Quadratec . Also there are body support and mounting rails underneath that may be in bad shape also. One thing that you can be sure of is that by the time you discover rest this bad it will be more extensive than it appears.