Factory height suspension kits?

Winningpants

Hello, I have a 92 wrangler that has a 4 inch lift on it but I want to put it back to stock height. I'm having the hardest time finding just the stock replacement parts (shocks, leaf springs, and the hardware). Everything is 2.5 inch lift or more. Anyone have any tips to finding these parts?

I bought stock height springs from RockAuto. They corresponded to the factory 4.0 front springs and the factory hardtop rears for my year. I haven’t had a chance to install yet to see how light they end up though.

(2) Dayton 97565
(2) Dayton 97440
(8) Dayton 334970 (shackle bushing)

They were the non heavy duty. Heavy duty inevitably end up sitting 1.5-2” above stock, and they ride more stiff. I’ll report back as soon as I install but that probably won’t be for a few months.

Quadratec, Amazon, Rock Auto, and a few other places have the springs you seek. I believe Quadratec carries a full kit that includes springs, shackles, shocks ect. Not sure on quality of the overall kit. Also keep in mind you YJ springs are the same front and rear, so you can mix and match spring rates to your liking. My YJ is back to stock height after deleting the lift shackles and 2 inch body lift, but it still has the stock almost 30-year-old springs under it. I plan on running the front standard duty up front and front "heavy duty" in the rear.

Quadratec, Amazon, Rock Auto, and a few other places have the springs you seek. I believe Quadratec carries a full kit that includes springs, shackles, shocks ect. Not sure on quality of the overall kit. Also keep in mind you YJ springs are the same front and rear, so you can mix and match spring rates to your liking. My YJ is back to stock height after deleting the lift shackles and 2 inch body lift, but it still has the stock almost 30-year-old springs under it. I plan on running the front standard duty up front and front "heavy duty" in the rear.
They are the same length front and rear so you can move them around where you want, although the factory had specific springs for 4.0 or 2.5 front, and hardtop rear, soft top rear, or 6-leaf HD rear (the HD were discontinued in 1993 so no option for those 94/95)

The Crown/Amazon kits on Amazon/Quadratec are a bit convoluted. I believe their stuff is mostly 4 and 6 leaf, and everything I’ve seen, those kits usually sit about 1”-1.5” above stock height, even on a 4.0 hardtop Jeep. It’s for that reason that I chose the Dayton stuff from Rockauto, because Dayton had leaf springs that specifically referenced the factory leaf spring numbers (their lightest duty option was the 4.0 front and hardtop rear). So I think what I got is the closest to stock you can possibly get, and installing what I bought on a 2.5L and/or soft top will probably sit a teensy bit higher than stock, like 0.5”.

For the record, the ones I bought are 4-leaf front and 5-leaf rear exactly like stock.

Reactions: DOWNS