Euro Spec Wrangler

crazyshot97

Hi all,

Brand new to wranglers and to the forum. I’m looking at picking up a YJ soon, and I found one that looks to be in absolutely mint condition. From the records I’m able to pull online, it looks like it was originally owned in Europe (Germany specifically). Does anyone have any experience with European YJ’s? Are there any detrimental differences? Would you consider one if it was in showroom condition?

Some of the RHD parts can be hard to find which can potentially be an issue, but generally it isn't too big of an issue.

Aside from that there aren't any major differences. Taillights are different, etc., but nothing big.

The biggest thing would be RHD, assuming it's an RHD model.

If it’s German, it should be LHD. So I’ll wait for confirmation on that.

Other things are mostly lighting related, like the tail lights might have amber turn signals. Germany doesn’t require that though, so it may have the standard red tails, though I think keep shipped all the exports amber regardless of the specific country they went to. There are some other things like rear fog light, license plate being on the bumper (not under the left tail lamp) and such but I’m not sure of much else. Mostly small cosmetic things. Sometimes they have these big ugly chunky blinkers and parking lamps mounted in the front fenders.