ECM malfunction

Kentonvm

It has been determined that my ECM is malfunctioning and not letting my 1994 jeep wrangler s 2.5l start. It seems it has to be re-soldered inside. Any recommendations or suggestions?

Choices are limited but are there. Might try Rockauto, Orieleys or Quadratec for starters. You might need to get the emissions calibration code off the body stickers to get the correct one.

It has been determined that my ECM is malfunctioning and not letting my 1994 jeep wrangler s 2.5l start. It seems it has to be re-soldered inside. Any recommendations or suggestions?
The soldering job in the past was to replace the capacitors I'm sure. Whatever capacitors they used may be bad, or maybe they didn't do a good job soldering them in. Needs to be done again, you can send it into eBay to get it done pretty quickly for around $100. That's what I plan to do if I ever have issues.

The soldering job in the past was to replace the capacitors I'm sure. Whatever capacitors they used may be bad, or maybe they didn't do a good job soldering them in. Needs to be done again, you can send it into eBay to get it done pretty quickly for around $100. That's what I plan to do if I ever have issues.
Should I be concerned about if the person on eBay is quality? Is there any with a good reputation or anything?