Driveshaft

Wlocklear24

I have an 89 Jeep Wrangler and it’s needing the drive shaft replaced. I ordered one specifically for my jeep but it’s about 4 inches too short. I can’t seem to find the one I’m needing anywhere. I’ve attached pics of the original and the one I ordered. Does anyone know where I could get the one I’m needing and why it’s longer?

3913AEB2-AA22-486C-8191-899D6914766F.jpeg

2574F3DE-06D2-49A0-BE46-BC7AB8A3FEC4.jpeg

D1A296E3-D880-43EC-AF3A-648F68EC093F.jpeg

I have an 89 Jeep Wrangler and it’s needing the drive shaft replaced. I ordered one specifically for my jeep but it’s about 4 inches too short. I can’t seem to find the one I’m needing anywhere. I’ve attached pics of the original and the one I ordered. Does anyone know where I could get the one I’m needing and why it’s longer?

View attachment 121363

View attachment 121364

View attachment 121365
If your YJ does have Wagoneer and not YJ springs on the front, that may be the issue. I cannot confirm this but I have read that installing them on a YJ can move the front axle about 3 inches forward extending the wheel base. If this does in fact work , I’m dont know if any of the front spring brackets would have been changed. Measuring eye to eye may tell you if it is the YJ spring or not.

Last edited:
How did you order it specifically for your Jeep? Traditionally, ordering a double cardan shaft requires taking a proper measurement so you receive the correct length.

If you have a super short SYE, maybe that was not accounted for as well, if you were ordering based off of lift height or whatever else. need to measure the distance and give that to the builder for a new shaft.