Driver side seat issue

chloejku-n-yj

I recently bought a 1990 YJ. I am a short and stocky build (5’3” on a good day). I’m not seeing many options online for how I can fix my problem. Due to the steering wheel not tilting, I cannot reach the pedals. The person I bought the Jeep from, replaced the stock seats with Bestop seats that go up and forward like normal. I am wondering if I can pull the seats out and put them on a frame that is lower that the stock frames. When I scoot forward, I’m up against the steering wheel and still can’t reach the pedals. Is mounting closer to the floor an option? I don’t really care about being able to flip the seats forward as it’s not my daily driver anyways. Are pedal extenders my only option?

Reactions: Stoopid Jeep
Following this to see if you get an answer.
I got the opposite problem, I'm too tall for the seating position and look at the top of the window frames.
A lower seat would be amazing.

Swapping the bestops out would help a lot. They sit way higher than stock and at a very uncomfortable angle. I installed them and sent them right back. I’m 5’11 and they had my knees into the steering wheel and I could barely work the pedal.

The only lower brackets out there are from corbeau and they will have to be drilled to fit any non corbeau seat. They aren’t a great option either.

I have bestops and like Macho says they kinda suck for the reasons he states. The base is tilted to far back cutting off the leg circulation so Ive shimmed the seat bottoms up in back some which helped. Im 6'2" and id have to lean forward to see a stop light or id be staring at the windshield frame.

My wife likes to drive the YJ, but she is also a little short and couldnt depress the clutch all the way to the floor. I have the Corbeau seats and bracket that adjust enough for here to be able to depress the gas and brake pedals, also a tilt wheel. But, she was just a little shy for the clutch pedal.

So I used a metal bracket and bolted a piece of cut 2x4 that added 1-5/8" to the pedal and did the trick for her. Its no problem for me because I just slide the seat back when I'm driving it, which is most of the time.
6462-2080p.jpg