Driver side door wont open

Stoopid Jeep

YJ Enthusiast
95 Wrangler with full doors. I was doing some dumb s#!t flexing over obstacles and when I was done the door was stuck. ...really stuck.
I reached inside with a slim jim and tried actuating the internals, but it sure didn't work. I've tried to open it every way I can think of. it won't open.

any ideas?

95 Wrangler with full doors. I was doing some dumb s#!t flexing over obstacles and when I was done the door was stuck. ...really stuck.
I reached inside with a slim jim and tried actuating the internals, but it sure didn't work. I've tried to open it every way I can think of. it won't open.

any ideas?
My doors are hanging on the wall right now, but if I remember the last time that I looked at them the door will have to be open to get the panel off. But if not, you could try getting at the works that way.

Solved, kind of.
The little hook that retracts when you lock the door, is badly worn and wasn't quite triggering the mechanism to release the latches.
I had to remove the inner panel and unscrew the latch cover.
Since I wasn't able to get to the Allen screws on the edge of the door, I had to bend the cover to access the mechanism.
After I had access to the mechanism, I jammed a screwdriver in there and got the lock to pop.

I'm going to put the half doors back on and worry about it next winter.
20230423_181634.jpg

20230423_183613.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ytradio