Does anyone have experience with adding cruise control to a 1995 YJ?

keesg

Hello

I have got the plan to add cruise control to our YJ. It is a 1995 YJ with automatic transmission. We used to have an 1992 XJ with cruise. I would like to have that back :).

Has anyone experience with adding a cruise control to an YJ. To be more precise I would like to build in a XJ cruise control.
I already read some fsm manuals but on the topic CC there is hardly something to be found. Found someting from 87-90 wrangler but I do not know if that is similar to a 1992 XJ or what is used in a 1995 YJ.

Did YJs ever come with factory cruise control? If so, it would be as easy as grabbing the parts from another YJ with factory cruise. I added factory cruise control on my TJ simply by getting a few parts from a TJ that came with factory cruise control. It was one of the easiest things I've ever done.

Did YJs ever come with factory cruise control? If so, it would be as easy as grabbing the parts from another YJ with factory cruise. I added factory cruise control on my TJ simply by getting a few parts from a TJ that came with factory cruise control. It was one of the easiest things I've ever done.
If YJ's ever came with factory cruise I don't know but everything looks quite similar to an XJ.

I have never seen a YJ with cruise. I have only ever heard/read that 87-90 had it. If a 92 XJ did, then I wouldn’t be surprised if a YJ of the same time period did too with the same system, although I haven’t heard or seen it.

If it’s not in the later YJ FSM, I’d bet it wasn’t officially an option on a YJ from 91-95. You may be able to adapt the XJ parts over. Not sure about the turn signal lever portion to activate it, the YJ and XJ levers might be different.

In the fsm 87-90 I read about a cruise control in a YJ. In the 95 fsm (wich is a mix of yj and xj) it is not mentioned specific for the YJ. about the levers, when I had to engineer it they would be the same :)

In the fsm 87-90 I read about a cruise control in a YJ. In the 95 fsm (wich is a mix of yj and xj) it is not mentioned specific for the YJ. about the levers, when I had to engineer it they would be the same :)