Dashboard instruments circuit board

Platinum

I need to get a replacement circuit board for the dashboard instrument cluster on my 1987 jeep yj wrangler. Mice chewed through the old one. Mice are no longer with us, having been eliminated with extreme prejudice. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Are you looking for the part that runs behind the steering wheel (that controls dummy lights, turn signal lights, etc) or the one behind the fuel gauge, temp gauge, clock, etc?

I think SirDroop is correct. I have the piece that runs behind the steering wheel, and it's a plastic piece that contains the dummy lights and the circuitry that for that section of dash. The circuitry is attached to the plastic. I think I got that piece off Ebay pretty cheap.

Are you looking for the part that runs behind the steering wheel (that controls dummy lights, turn signal lights, etc) or the one behind the fuel gauge, temp gauge, clock, etc?
Thanks for the response. I need the one behind the fuel Guage clock etc. Been reading the other replies, kind of disheartening. Seems like I can get a part for just about anything for my jeep (which is just one of the reasons I love it) except for things like this.

I don't believe you can find just the circuit board. You may have to buy a used cluster and remove it's circuit board into yours.
Thanks for the info Not sure how to go about the ebay thing. I'm 73 years old and old school as hell. NO smartphone, no social media, don't want it, don't need it. I don't give a bleep, I just want to drive my jeep!

I am looking at some on ebay right now. I forgot to mention that the 87 to 91 clusters are pricey. I guess because of the clock? I saw 2 of them, both were about $299.00

I am looking at some on ebay right now. I forgot to mention that the 87 to 91 clusters are pricey. I guess because of the clock? I saw 2 of them, both were about $299.00
"Pricey." I love that word. In my experience it means "get out the Vaseline." My brother in law is an electronics geek. Gonna talk to him about repairing the thing.

Reactions: SirDoopYJ
Could always try the local junk yard. I have been contemplating doing away with the circuit board and running wires, but I have other projects I need to do first.

For 87-91 you can just get the circuit board for the central 5-gauge cluster. Morris4x4 used to sell them. 92-95 can not really do that, or at least I have never seen them for sale.

Could always try the local junk yard. I have been contemplating doing away with the circuit board and running wires, but I have other projects I need to do first.
Thanks. That was the first thing I did. There is only one junk yard within 50 miles from here and they only had one jeep, a late model wagoneer and the yard owner said it had been picked clean. He also said that they rarely get jeeps. He said that in this area if people don't sell them outright, they part them out on eBay or some other internet thing cause they can make a lot of money. Jeeps are BIG in this area! I appreciate your suggestion, though.