Boomerang shackles

BuckeyeJeep

Am thinking of putting some boomerang shackles on my Jeep. Has a 4" RC lift currently and am looking at RC boomerang shackles from Quadratec. Says they give about 1" of lift
My question is will they cause anything else to come out of whack that will cost more time or money to upgrade? Or do they simply bolt on and allow more clearance and articulation?
Any thoughts or advice is appreciated

longer shackles will lessen your caster, causing a loose feeling in the steering. 1” of lift means 2” longer shackles will be installed. That will make a dramatic difference in handling. If I remember right it was about 0.5” on the shackle is 1° caster change. Do you would go from stock 6.5° caster to about 2.5°. I would recommend not doing it.

Do you need the clearance?

I did a 3/8” shackle lift (so 3/4” longer than stock) and I felt a big difference just from that small change. It’s pretty dramatic.

And can the caster be fixed with an alignment after the shackle install?
If you wanted to gain a bit of lift I’d suggest a 1” body lift. You can fix the caster by installing shims on the leaf springs. Caster is not adjustable any other way really.

You would need to put an angle finder on the axle, figure out the pinion angle, change the shackles, see how much it changed and then install shims of the same amount.

For what it’s worth, the 4” and 2.5” RC kit really give you about the same lift of 3” each. So that is probably part of why you want more.

It’s quickly sounding like it’s not worth it😂
Lol. I mean it’s up to you. It’s not hard to install shackles and fix with pinion shims. But it will be a bit of work. I could probably have everything done in about 2 hours. It would normally be shorter but since you have to drop it back down to measure before you do the shims, that would slow me down.