Body mounts near bumper corners are missing

White J

I noticed I have a 1.25 inch body lift on my Jeep that was there before I got it. It has a 4 inch lift also and 35's with a 2.5L. Yes, it is slow as a Toyota truck. But my question is the rear 2 body mounts near the bumper at the corners are missing. After checking the bolts are broken off. The jeep is solid, and I am thinking about doing something to reinforce it. Please don't flame me but I was thinking about putting in 2 sections of 3 inch steel pipe and tack it to the tub and the frame. This will save me from having to buy all the parts to do it right and trying to fight to get the old bolts out. How bad of an idea is this? I don't think I will notice a difference. Just trying to reinforce the rear where the tub mounts now.

The bodies are pretty flimsy sheet metal and would likely crack when flexed if any welding was done. Id opt for drilling out the broken bolts and going thru the tub if anything else and running a big fender washer on top of the sheet metal.

Reactions: Flyer58
The bodies are pretty flimsy sheet metal and would likely crack when flexed if any welding was done. Id opt for drilling out the broken bolts and going thru the tub if anything else and running a big fender washer on top of the sheet metal.
to get to the bolts I will have cut the bed. I see no other way to get to it. I would also need the factory rubber for bother sides and the metal sleeve as well as 2 longer bolts and a 1.25 spacer for each side. Anyone sell these together?

Another option. And if you think that you were worried about being flamed. Two of the rear body mounts, put them in the original spot if possible or as near as possible. Hold them in by whatever means that you can. Zip ties, silicone RTV, Gorilla tape, flex seal, super glue, ok a few of those were a joke but you get the point. Your not going to leave it this way forever but it will probably get you by until you feel like doing a better job or you just need to do it again. It will be better than it is now right? Yes you will not be entering it in the fair but it will be underneath. And maybe I have just watched too many episodes of Roadkill.

okay I ordered the parts, new bushing and lift spacers. I will have to get new longer bolts. 75 bucks for 2....I am going to cut a 2 inch hole with a hole saw in the wheel well and put the nut and washer inside. I will then pop in a 2 inch plug and call it the day.

Reactions: ytradio