Bimini connector

Brian

YJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hoping for a quick answer. I have my hard top off for painting. The windshield frame has a piece attached on top to secure a bimini top. I do not use a bimini top. Should I remove it? Does it interfere with. the hard top fitting correctly?

Picture best I can get

25CB35A0-ADE7-4FE1-B612-0F2F612FEB74.jpeg

8F0C3366-DE46-4D1E-9296-8D9E923BB87B.jpeg

Did you buy the hardtop recently? I have never been able to put a hardtop on there with the soft top channel in place.

Did you buy the hardtop recently? I have never been able to put a hardtop on there with the soft top channel in place.
No I did not put it there. It was there when I took top off. The top never looked right where it set on windshield frame, I did not know any better. I am going to take it off before I set the top back on. I am still trying to finish painting using "Durabac" coating. It is so hot here the urethan in it sets up so fast my brush becomes a block. 90 degrees has to go away soon! Thanks for your answer.

No I did not put it there. It was there when I took top off. The top never looked right where it set on windshield frame, I did not know any better. I am going to take it off before I set the top back on. I am still trying to finish painting using "Durabac" coating. It is so hot here the urethan in it sets up so fast my brush becomes a block. 90 degrees has to go away soon! Thanks for your answer.
Definitely take it off. That would be why your hardtop was not sitting right.

I took it off and just loosely set top on. Have to wait for new seal kit now. Pic is keep at this point. Gray paint has to be redone because it was setting up too fast.

750342E9-4D9D-4316-8CC8-214D51793A4F.jpeg

One thing I would recommend is to plug the holes when you remove the header strip. If you get heavy enough rain, it could work its way between the hardtop and windshield frame into the holes and eventually onto your floorboards.

One thing I would recommend is to plug the holes when you remove the header strip. If you get heavy enough rain, it could work its way between the hardtop and windshield frame into the holes and eventually onto your floorboards.
Yes good idea, Will do

Yes good idea, Will do
Now I have the seal and the two corner pieces but, I am not sure where the seal goes. The corners are obvious. The seal I received is about 5/8's of an inch round rubber tube. Does anyone have a picture showing the placement. Also my top has about 8-10 3/16" holes along the edge. Was it meant to be riveted down?

Now I have the seal and the two corner pieces but, I am not sure where the seal goes. The corners are obvious. The seal I received is about 5/8's of an inch round rubber tube. Does anyone have a picture showing the placement. Also my top has about 8-10 3/16" holes along the edge. Was it meant to be riveted down?
Self tapping hex head screws into rhe windshield frame for the 7 holes. Not sure what seal you’re talking about but I think that tucks into the lip across the front underside of the top (and gets sandwiched into windshield frame). The corners are obvious and go right into the corners like you said.