Bestop Highrock 4x4 Tire Carrier

dansam

Hello there. I am new here. Anybody with the Bestop highrock tire carrier? I am in need of the Top backspacing bracket for TJ as shown on attached image.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 1.55.19 PM.png

I sold that carrier to a TJ guy a few months ago. I ran it on my YJ and threw out the TJ brackets long ago. The guy buying it needed TJ brackets. He called Bestop and they had some left that they shipped him for $40. Try Bestop and see if they can get you some.

Reactions: dansam
I sold that carrier to a TJ guy a few months ago. I ran it on my YJ and threw out the TJ brackets long ago. The guy buying it needed TJ brackets. He called Bestop and they had some left that they shipped him for $40. Try Bestop and see if they can get you some.
Thanks @machoheadgames . Called Bestop and one is on the way for $27.
How did you like the carrier? any issues? rattling ?

Thanks @machoheadgames . Called Bestop and one is on the way for $27.
How did you like the carrier? any issues? rattling ?
Awesome. I liked the idea of it but it didn’t work out that well for me. I think mine was built wrong or something. Followed instructions exactly and my lower right leg at the hinge kept pulling my tub. It eventually damaged my tub corner from a few years of being like that. My buddy had one on his 95 YJ and liked it. It stayed up until he sold the Jeep. I think I just got unlucky.

I tried to get bestop to help me but they stopped replying and then a few months later that carrier was discontinued and the last few sold. After that getting help was hopeless.

It did not rattle. It was quite solid, just didn’t fit my Jeep right. I’d imagine you’ll have better luck.

I ended up buying the insanely expensive ARB bumper and tire carrier. I, I’m sure like you, was after single-action tailgate opening. The ARB accomplishes that just like the bestop does other than one being mounted to body and one being supported by bumper. They both had the mount for the third brake light which I appreciated. I don’t like getting rid of the 3rd brake and Texas is kind of strict on it these days if it came factory with one.

Awesome. I liked the idea of it but it didn’t work out that well for me. I think mine was built wrong or something. Followed instructions exactly and my lower right leg at the hinge kept pulling my tub. It eventually damaged my tub corner from a few years of being like that. My buddy had one on his 95 YJ and liked it. It stayed up until he sold the Jeep. I think I just got unlucky.

I tried to get bestop to help me but they stopped replying and then a few months later that carrier was discontinued and the last few sold. After that getting help was hopeless.

It did not rattle. It was quite solid, just didn’t fit my Jeep right. I’d imagine you’ll have better luck.

I ended up buying the insanely expensive ARB bumper and tire carrier. I, I’m sure like you, was after single-action tailgate opening. The ARB accomplishes that just like the bestop does other than one being mounted to body and one being supported by bumper. They both had the mount for the third brake light which I appreciated. I don’t like getting rid of the 3rd brake and Texas is kind of strict on it these days if it came factory with one.
Cool. I bough the bestop used in great shape for $30, so though it was forth a shot. The ARB is great, but cost $$$$$. I like more of the classic smaller rear bumpers, I don't think bulky bumpers look good on TJs.

Reactions: machoheadgames
Cool. I bough the bestop used in great shape for $30, so though it was forth a shot. The ARB is great, but cost $$$$$. I like more of the classic smaller rear bumpers, I don't think bulky bumpers look good on TJs.
I hear ya. I didn't really want the giganto bumper either, but it did end up fitting my needs well. I was able to put a 7 and 4 way combo trailer plug on it so I'm like a modern truck in that regard, as well as it had real estate for me to recess some flush mount backup lights as well. Overall happy with the results. But yeah, it's bulky. I had always wished the bestop route would work out so I could pick a smaller profile bumper. Oh well, always some give and take.

I hear ya. I didn't really want the giganto bumper either, but it did end up fitting my needs well. I was able to put a 7 and 4 way combo trailer plug on it so I'm like a modern truck in that regard, as well as it had real estate for me to recess some flush mount backup lights as well. Overall happy with the results. But yeah, it's bulky. I had always wished the bestop route would work out so I could pick a smaller profile bumper. Oh well, always some give and take.
I like your build, and your ride is nice. I like jeeps from the South. Here 95% of them are rotted, too much salt eating them from inside out.

I like your build, and your ride is nice. I like jeeps from the South. Here 95% of them are rotted, too much salt eating them from inside out.
Thanks! I’m definitely lucky it’s only lived in southern states and that I’m in Texas so I’m not contributing to it getting worse. There is practically no rust besides regular surface rust. Just need to finish up all the stupid projects I started in it so I can get it back on the road. It feels never ending.

It is unfortunate so many Jeeps (and any vehicles) die such horrible deaths from rust up north.

Thanks! I’m definitely lucky it’s only lived in southern states and that I’m in Texas so I’m not contributing to it getting worse. There is practically no rust besides regular surface rust. Just need to finish up all the stupid projects I started in it so I can get it back on the road. It feels never ending.

It is unfortunate so many Jeeps (and any vehicles) die such horrible deaths from rust up north.
Yes, its sad.
Nice chatting with you, and thank you for responding to my bestop thread

Reactions: machoheadgames