Are boomerang shackles a smoother ride?

I agree they don’t either. But I would think when you change to new ones whith new bushings and greasable bolts that would improve the ride. Plus I’ve read where guys don’t tighten the nuts real tight and that supposedly helps. But I can’t confirm that.

Reactions: Stoopid Jeep
They only change the geometry if they are a different length.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a boomerang at stock length personally, unless I’ve forgotten about some option on the market.

As for riding better on greasable and bolts not being as tight, I did that many years ago and honestly noticed 0 difference in anything. The only change that ever made any difference was changing springs and shocks.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a boomerang at stock length personally, unless I’ve forgotten about some option on the market.

As for riding better on greasable and bolts not being as tight, I did that many years ago and honestly noticed 0 difference in anything. The only change that ever made any difference was changing springs and shocks.
I definitely noticed a difference loosening the bolts a bit and adding greasable shackle pins. Definitely.
The stock bolts were so tight the components were basically bound to each other. My little jeep would beat you to death in the stock configuration.

Switching springs and shocks helped even more. I kept the greasable pins cuz, why wouldn't I?

As far as availability of stock length boom shackles, I have no idea. I would be surprised if nobody [ever] made any. But looking around, they sure don't appear to be available.

Mostly I was just pointing out that boom shackles don't change the geometry if the length doesn't change.