Anyone upgraded to power steering pump with reservoir?

thall

My 95 YJ has the power steering reservoir mounted next to the radiator. Anyone ever replaced the pump with one that has the reservoir mounted on it? If so what P/N pump works? First of several questions. I need to move the radiator coolant reservoir due to replacement tube fenders I installed. Now no room for the windshield washer reservoir and the coolant reservoir in original positions. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My 95 YJ has the power steering reservoir mounted next to the radiator. Anyone ever replaced the pump with one that has the reservoir mounted on it? If so what P/N pump works? First of several questions. I need to move the radiator coolant reservoir due to replacement tube fenders I installed. Now no room for the windshield washer reservoir and the coolant reservoir in original positions. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Typically upon a tube fender installation, coolant reservoir moves to the passenger side and the fender companies usually give you sets of holes to mount it to. The windshield washer fluid reservoir stays on driver side and is shifter a little bit due to the tube fender design, which depends on the brand chosen. You’re certainly not going to be able to mount either of them where the power steering reservoir is so I’d go ahead and stop even thinking about the PS reservoir. No good reason to convert it to the integrated reservoir TJ pump, especially with the hose changes it will require. Just let the reservoir sit where it does. My suggestion is move your coolant jug to the passenger side or don’t use tube fenders.

Hi Macho. Thanks for your feedback. I reviewed your profile too. You Jeep sounds nice. Mine is not as advanced as yours. I have a 3.5 in Pro Comp spring lift. Was done prior to me. It had 12.5" BFG's when I bought it but the stock gearing did not run well together, 5th was useless. I now have 10.5 's and it made a great difference in my highway speeds and I can now use 5th. I went through the front end and replaced ball joints and tie rods and brakes front and rear for my own peace of mind. Also got rid of the two piece axle. I am sure there is some benefit to it I just do not understand why it's there in the first place. My trans was grinding in 2nd and third so I put a new Novak AX-15 in and did the SYE kit as well.
I was very glad to get your response. I will look for the clearance needed to move the coolant tank. But as for my PS reservoir it has never been mounted in place since I owned this Jeep. It is in it's place but not mounted to anything. Just hanging there...held in place by the hoses. If you have a good picture of how yours mounts I could use that to either fabricate a bracket or find one in a Junk yard. I have not seen a good pic on the internet.
Your input is much appreciated.

Hi Macho. Thanks for your feedback. I reviewed your profile too. You Jeep sounds nice. Mine is not as advanced as yours. I have a 3.5 in Pro Comp spring lift. Was done prior to me. It had 12.5" BFG's when I bought it but the stock gearing did not run well together, 5th was useless. I now have 10.5 's and it made a great difference in my highway speeds and I can now use 5th. I went through the front end and replaced ball joints and tie rods and brakes front and rear for my own peace of mind. Also got rid of the two piece axle. I am sure there is some benefit to it I just do not understand why it's there in the first place. My trans was grinding in 2nd and third so I put a new Novak AX-15 in and did the SYE kit as well.
I was very glad to get your response. I will look for the clearance needed to move the coolant tank. But as for my PS reservoir it has never been mounted in place since I owned this Jeep. It is in it's place but not mounted to anything. Just hanging there...held in place by the hoses. If you have a good picture of how yours mounts I could use that to either fabricate a bracket or find one in a Junk yard. I have not seen a good pic on the internet.
Your input is much appreciated.
I can get some pics later. Out of town now but will be home tonight. One of the reservoir bolts shares the upper driver side fan shroud bolt. The other bolt I believe is above that point just screwing into the flange where the fan shroud bolts up to.

Good job on the CAD delete, that thing is trash.

@thall Here you go. Here is how my PS reservoir mounts to the radiator/fan shroud area. Ignore my two weird, different bolts. I lost the originals and had to make do with some spares I had in my bolts bucket. The bottom bolt shares the same spot for the fan shroud upper driver side tab, and the upper hole just mounts to the radiator flange up above it a few inches.
IMG_3592.JPEGIMG_3593.JPEG

@thall Here you go. Here is how my PS reservoir mounts to the radiator/fan shroud area. Ignore my two weird, different bolts. I lost the originals and had to make do with some spares I had in my bolts bucket. The bottom bolt shares the same spot for the fan shroud upper driver side tab, and the upper hole just mounts to the radiator flange up above it a few inches.
View attachment 115899View attachment 115900
Ahhh. That explains it. Seems my reservoir has been replaced with an incorrect version. Seems there are several differing reservoirs. As they say one picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks. Hope you had a good Memorial day weekend.