Any advice on replacing brake lines?

PMK

Hi all,

Yesterday I bought a very rusty YJ with at least on brake line busted. The seller provided me with new, pre-bent brake lines and Im planning on replacing them this weekend - Any tips or advice? Ive already got the PB blaster ready.. lol

Thanks
IMG_9386.jpg

Also, since you already have the new hard lines, save yourself a lot of time and just cut the old lines off at the end fittings so you can get a socket wrench on them to remove the fitting. They'll be rusted on and a small wrench probably won't work well.

Also, since you already have the new hard lines, save yourself a lot of time and just cut the old lines off at the end fittings so you can get a socket wrench on them to remove the fitting. They'll be rusted on and a small wrench probably won't work well.
I’ll definitely do that! Thanks that should make it much easier

Soak everything in Kroil or Liquid Wrench (both which are far better than PB Blaster) overnight to make it much easier (y)

Reactions: Flyer58
Soak everything in Kroil or Liquid Wrench (both which are far better than PB Blaster) overnight to make it much easier (y)
Glad you told me that. I’ll pick some up this morning. Thanks

I bought two spray cans of Kroil online 10 years ago and still have one I use. You only need a little bit on the threads for it to work and it doesn't dry out overnight like PB does. I'll try Liquid Wrench since I can get it locally.

Reactions: PMK