Another lift question / considerations

DTYJ94

Hey. I hate to ask another lift related question, but I’ve been reading different threads regarding body and suspension lifts. I’m hoping I can get some advice and for a plan. I have 94’ 2.5L that I want to lower a bit. I’ve gotten rid of my old 31” tires and put 235/75 tires on which has made a dramatic difference In engine/trans performance. It even rides a little better. The person I bought this Jeep said he had it lifted many years ago. The Discount Tire shop estimated I have a 3 to 4 inch lift installed. I measured it before replacing the tires to the rocker arm, and it measured around 22” I believe. I asked the previous owner what type of lift he had installed, but he’s not sure. I asked If it was a body lift with the spacers or a leaf spring lift. I’m fairly new to this and I’m still learning. So, Ordered a 2.5” suspension lift with shocks to give it a little lift, and maybe go back to a taller/wider tire. But for now I have new 235/75/r15 Goodyear Wranglers and love getting my 5th gear back. Again, it’s a 4 cylinder and it was really struggling with the BF Goodrich 31”. No regrets so far. Being a 4 cylinder is my biggest issue, but I can live with it if I can get it closer to stocks. I have some land and a bunch of trails nothing crazy.

So, I started spraying all the leaf spring bolts, shackles, so I can start removing the old leaf springs and shock amd hoping I can lower it by an inch or 2. So, while splaying the Deep Creep and aerkroil on the bolts I need to removing in order to install the. 2.5” lift I have coming. While under the Jeep, I’m seeing what I believe to be body lift mounts. See photos for examples. I’m guessing the PO had a body lift installed but not sure. Are these body lifts in my photo or something else? If they are, I’m watching videos on how to remove them. Can someone confirm this is a body lift just to make me feel better? If so, can I simply remove those rubber parts and find the correct bolts to be installed on all these BLs? Are there rubber gaskets pieces or a washer needed or just remove old, install new stock size bolt and install them? I was thinking I need to get all the body lift mounts off before installing the new leaf spring and shocks. It definitely looks like my transfer skid plate has been lowered. Im hoping to leave the transfer case alone until I at least get the suspension kit installed. Remember, im doing this to lower it a little and I’ve never rode in a vehicle that feels like it’s hurting your spine just hitting a small bump on a paved road. The new tires helped, but I want it lower, and hopefully a significant ride difference. If this is a BL, would you remove it first, replace the bolts which I read are 1/2 x13. Not sure. One other thing, the back of the Jeep sits over an inch lower in the rear. The rear leaf springs are pretty flat, but the front have nice arch. I can’t figure the brand name, but I don’t think they are stock since it’s a 3 to 4” lift as it sits. Would you remove the body lifts which I think is removing both pieces of rubber and then put new bolts into the frame. Then move on to putting the 2.5” springs and shocks? Any constructive advice would be greatly appreciated. I wish the guy I bought it from could tell ‘‘em the specifics but it was over 24 years ago and he doesn’t recall what the shop did other than when it was done it handle and rode so stiff. He blamed the shocks. I can post other pics if anyone would like to see the springs or anything. Thanks much for the help!

71C300E4-C313-46F9-B101-FDB7E6B7B59C.jpeg
6C1766F7-C033-438C-A589-64FBD7486BE4.jpeg
D21F7B92-81E3-4990-AB2A-38187D9B4901.jpeg

Those are stock body mounts, you don’t have body lift. The spacers on the skid plate are a transfer case drop to attempt to fix driveline angles from the taller suspension.

Take pics of the exterior to assist with diagnosing how much lift there is.

Reactions: DTYJ94
Those are stock body mounts, you don’t have body lift. The spacers on the skid plate are a transfer case drop to attempt to fix driveline angles from the taller suspension.

Take pics of the exterior to assist with diagnosing how much lift there is.
Thanks for the confirmation. I was watching several videos last night and looking at my Haynes manual and started to realize that what I’m looking at isn’t a body lift which is great news. Thanks for taking the time. I’ll send pics later of the rig and it sitting lower although I think now it is doing so cause the rear leaf springs are basically flat compared to front.