Am I ever going back to stock?

Stoopid Jeep

YJ Enthusiast
I could put my Jeep right back to 100% stock. I have saved every nut, bolt, spring washer etc. that I have taken off the Jeep (except the track bars, I literally threw them in the scrap pile ;) ). This stuff takes up a lot of space. Seats, gears, Wheels, bumpers, etc, etc.
Every mod I have done has made me like the li'l Jeep more and more.

So the question is, is it worth hanging on to this stuff? I don't think I would [ever actually] undo what has been done. I don't plan on selling the Jeep, and even if I did, would having all the old parts increase the value?

If I do decide to jettison the parts, what do I do with them? I don't know anybody that actually needs this stuff, should I just toss it? Try to sell it?

Reactions: Chris and ytradio
I had a similar situation with a prior Jeep I owned. I went ahead and sold it all in one lot on Craigslist and was happy to see it gone.
Ditto, a shame to throw it out when someone could use it. Also a shame to keep more crap that you don’t need.

Its all garbage and I recycle metal and plastic so send it to ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Serioiusly id keep every part if it was my stuff. If I had all the smog crap I removed off dozend of FJ40's,chevy 4x4's and the like I could open my own parts house and be loaded.

I wish more people around me had saved seats and now wanted to get rid of them. I'm having no luck finding grey cloth locally and I fear they are too big to ship!

As for keeping it yourself - if you will never put it back to stock and need the space, maybe move it a long. Or if you're tastes change every so many years, and you can see you going back that way at some point, and have the space, hang on to it. Resale wise only - I'd say only if you have a very clean low mileage Jeep - otherwise, modified and stock fetch pretty similar money.

I should add, I actually did the opposite. I bought my Islander with some mods - I found original parts and swapped most of the mods out back to stock. I knew I'd never be interested in using the modification pieces again so I sold them all.