Aftermarket Fenders

JaredMLowe

Okay, I am in the process of trying to install some aftermarket flat fenders. Due to my limited budget, I went with an Amazon special. Lol.

Anyway, I have run into a problem. I cannot get all of the bolt holes to lineup. If I get the bolt holes on the back of the fender, next to the firewall lined up, the front bolt holes, that go into the grill will not lineup, and vice versa.

I was thinking that maybe it was an issue with the inner fender, but after cutting on it, cutting on it, cutting on it some more, I determined that the inner fender is not the problem. To confirm this, I took the inner fender out altogether, and just tried to bolt up the new flat fenders by themselves, and still, the bolt holes will not lineup.

Anybody run into this problem?

I've not done this, but I've been looking into it.
This a good "heads-up" for me where not to get them.
I'm looking at Poison Spyder 3" tapered flare "De-fenders" but they're close to $600.
And, right now I have bigger fish to fry. (like a soup to nuts axle build)
Good luck, hope you find a work around.

I'm looking at Poison Spyder 3" tapered flare "De-fenders" but they're close to $600.
I got the passenger side on. Had to go one bolt at a time, going back and forth between front and back, a few turns at a time. Problem is, I did not put the inner fenders in, it is just the flat fenders.

I was initially going to see what it would take to get the new fenders to fit properly, and then take it back apart, put in the stock fenders that I cut up, and then attach the flat ones back to it. However, after the PITA it was to get those fit, I may just leave it the way it is. I’ll be running without inner fender liners for a while, But it’ll probably save me a lot of headache.

I got the passenger side on. Had to go one bolt at a time, going back and forth between front and back, a few turns at a time. Problem is, I did not put the inner fenders in, it is just the flat fenders.

I was initially going to see what it would take to get the new fenders to fit properly, and then take it back apart, put in the stock fenders that I cut up, and then attach the flat ones back to it. However, after the PITA it was to get those fit, I may just leave it the way it is. I’ll be running without inner fender liners for a while, But it’ll probably save me a lot of headache.
Interesting, What do the comments on Amazon say? Anyone else have these problems?
Interesting, What do the comments on Amazon say? Anyone else have these problems?
All the reviews said easy installation. Lol!

All the reviews said easy installation. Lol!
Well, I got the fenders installed. I am running no inner fenders, just about 100 zip ties securing everything under the hood. Lol!

love the look!
23249CEA-6526-43B5-9E2A-1E7D7380C00C.jpeg
5023567E-777C-47E9-B7A0-A99455F55181.jpeg
1E57A2FB-A483-42CA-9902-622C0C8D6591.jpeg