Aftermarket bumpers

Thats a loaded question for sure on the bumpers. Lots of choices and styles. For low budget Ive had good luck with Smittybilt and things go up from there. Just remember "pounds matter". A rolling armored wagon with a 4 banger will not impress you. Far as FI if you have a 258 I think the howell or Mopar are about the 2 top choices. I had Howell on one of my CJ's. Worked 100% better than the carb and eliminated mountains of smog junk parts and hoses.

Thats a loaded question for sure on the bumpers. Lots of choices and styles. For low budget Ive had good luck with Smittybilt and things go up from there. Just remember "pounds matter". A rolling armored wagon with a 4 banger will not impress you. Far as FI if you have a 258 I think the howell or Mopar are about the 2 top choices. I had Howell on one of my CJ's. Worked 100% better than the carb and eliminated mountains of smog junk parts and hoses.
thanks for the reply. I have the 258 in my jeep. just want to get nice offroad bumpers. the front needs winch mount and the rear with swing out tire carrier. there are so many choices , want to see if anyone has had good luck with certain ones.

I have the Mopar MPFI conversion on my 89 4.2 - starts instantly every time, nice smooth idle, smooth power, looks factory (except the air intake), etc. I also love that it uses all Mopar parts so sourcing any replacements is a breeze. Pricy, and hard to find now, but worth every penny IMO.

I have the Mopar MPFI conversion on my 89 4.2 - starts instantly every time, nice smooth idle, smooth power, looks factory (except the air intake), etc. I also love that it uses all Mopar parts so sourcing any replacements is a breeze. Pricy, and hard to find now, but worth every penny IMO.
It's a shame it was discontinued. It was the ideal product for 4.2 owners.

Reactions: Sunsport
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler YJ Forum may be compensated.