Advice needed 95 YJ Bump steer / Track bar removal

Jeepguru68

Hey everyone, 1995 jeep Wrangler that has horrible bump steer. The track bar and drag link are 2 inches out of horizontal alignment. I’ve been told that you can remove the track bar since it has leaf springs. I was wondering if anybody has any recommendations on a fix for this. Are there geometry correction brackets made for this or should I remove the track bar? The jeep has about a 3 inch lift on it. I’ve already replace most of the steering components on the jeep but she still has horrible bump steer

Most of us remove the trac bars and never look back. Ive also removed the sway bar and drive my 91 with a 3" lift at highway speeds without any problems. Id start there and see how that does for you. I also threw on a drop pitman arm which eliminated about 80% of my bump.

I did 7-8 years with no track bars but I prefer to have one on the front, so I added back a stock track bar, used a drop pitman and a 1.5” track bar bracket. The links are parallel now and at much less angle than before.

I wouldn’t do an adjustable, simply because it doesn’t fix the angle problem. Not that they’re a bad product.

I did 7-8 years with no track bars but I prefer to have one on the front, so I added back a stock track bar, used a drop pitman and a 1.5” track bar bracket. The links are parallel now and at much less angle than before.

I wouldn’t do an adjustable, simply because it doesn’t fix the angle problem. Not that they’re a bad product.
Solid advice; good to know. I am by no means an expert and have only recently removed my track bar. I was going to leave only the front on as well, but had to remove it for the rest of the steering parts I was replacing. I didn’t have the bushings for the track bar so I just opted to leave it off. I don’t have a lift myself unless you count the almost 1” from the boomerangs shackles. I was looking into the adjustable one for the instance I do give it a few inches of lift. However now I’ll keep in mind what you are saying.

Solid advice; good to know. I am by no means an expert and have only recently removed my track bar. I was going to leave only the front on as well, but had to remove it for the rest of the steering parts I was replacing. I didn’t have the bushings for the track bar so I just opted to leave it off. I don’t have a lift myself unless you count the almost 1” from the boomerangs shackles. I was looking into the adjustable one for the instance I do give it a few inches of lift. However now I’ll keep in mind what you are saying.
That's not a bad situation to use an adjustable in, since at 1" the steering angle is barely affected. It's mainly that when you get up to 2.5+ inches of lift, the only real way to make the steering not suck is to use a drop pitman arm, minimizing the angle, and then if one wants a track bar, the only way to make it properly match the new lowered drag link is to use a bracket that changes the mounting point so the angles of the track bar and drag link match.

Most people just throw away the track bars, and I don't necessarily think that's a bad idea; I did it for years but overall I like having that connection better than not up front. On the rear, I'd toss any of them instantly without thought. The rear truly serves no purpose. My steering is tighter when I have the front on, so there is at least an argument to keep one up there. Whether or not to keep the front simply comes down to preference and opinion.

Thanks Gil, I’ll give that a shot and let you know.
So I removed the front track bar and installed a drop pitman arm and it definitely mad a difference. Now I have a new issue. When I’m driving and let off the gas it pulls to the right pretty bad. My first thought was motor mount but they look fine. Any suggestions?

So I removed the front track bar and installed a drop pitman arm and it definitely made a difference. Now I have a new issue. When I’m driving and let off the gas it pulls to the right pretty bad. My first thought was motor mount but they look fine. Any suggestions?