A Feel Good YJ Article

SqLites

Supporting Member

Hey All Fellow YJers..Need some more additional reinforcement to justify your owning a YJ? Check out the above link.
And remember, beware of the square, we're there!!
Golden Gate Jeep.jpg

Interesting article, and that's a great looking YJ in the article, but I dont agree with this line, and this is why:

So why haven't YJ's taken off in value? It's simply because of its square headlights. Ask any Jeep enthusiast, and they will all criticize the YJ for its non-conventional headlights.

I think that might have been the case eight to 10 years ago, (you could get them dirt cheap). But, I've seen prices increase considerably on these rigs over the last four or five years, and especially the last two years with the Covid shortages impact on the used vehicle market.

Just take a look at what they're currently selling them for on Craigslist & FB marketplace, (depending on mileage & condition, they're going for anywhere from $7000 to $20,000 dollars, (even more on Bring-A-Trailer), the prices now are starting to border on ridiculous.

My YJ is in nice condition, its tastefully had mods and accessories added over the years. It gets lots of attention, interest and conversations just about everywhere I take it. Even now some from the JK &JL crowd, hell, they even wave at me. Three times last year I've had complete strangers ask me if its for sale.

So I think attitudes have changed, or are starting to change on the squares. I also think one of the reasons interest is growing on the YJ's is because they dont look like every other Wrangler on the road, and people tend to like to be different, especially with fewer & fewer on the road.

Reactions: doc-ketamine
Interesting article, and that's a great looking YJ in the article, but I dont agree with this line, and this is why:

So why haven't YJ's taken off in value? It's simply because of its square headlights. Ask any Jeep enthusiast, and they will all criticize the YJ for its non-conventional headlights.

I think that might have been the case eight to 10 years ago, (you could get them dirt cheap). But, I've seen prices increase considerably on these rigs over the last four or five years, and especially the last two years with the Covid shortages impact on the used vehicle market.

Just take a look at what they're currently selling them for on Craigslist & FB marketplace, (depending on mileage & condition, they're going for anywhere from $7000 to $20,000 dollars, (even more on Bring-A-Trailer), the prices now are starting to border on ridiculous.

My YJ is in nice condition, its tastefully had mods and accessories added over the years. It gets lots of attention, interest and conversations just about everywhere I take it. Even now some from the JK &JL crowd, hell, they even wave at me. Three times last year I've had complete strangers ask me if its for sale.

So I think attitudes have changed, or are starting to change on the squares. I also think one of the reasons interest is growing on the YJ's is because they dont look like every other Wrangler on the road, and people tend to like to be different, especially with fewer & fewer on the road.
You’re d*** right. And I don’t think it’s an attitudinal thing. If I’m any example, I just bought this beauty last month for $20K USD (link below). I might have overpaid, I might not have, but I don’t really care because as my wife says, ‘who cares, you have EXACTLY the Jeep you want’. And she’s right. I’ve a flippin’ bone-stock 1994 Wrangler YJ S. Its spectacular! We test drove a nicer version 30yrs ago, but went with a more practical family car then, which was the right call. But now at 60, I have my ideal YJ…and wouldn’t have it any other way. I know other ‘real Jeepers’ on the road recognize and appreciate what I’m rolling in.. At 30+ yrs of age, it gets the respect a truly unique classic deserves.

Last edited:
Reactions: zebraranger