95 YJ 4.0L 6 slave cylinder bleeding help

kelleherm

I recently replaced my clutch in my 95 YJ 4.0L 6. After replacing the clutch it was grinding gears and would not go into gear. I checked the master cylinder reservoir and noticed there was no fluid in it. I added new fluid and went to go bleed the system however I could not find the bleeder screw. I've seen many videos on how to bleed the slave cylinder on a YJ however they are all for slave cylinders that are inside the tranny. Mine is bolted to the outside of the bell housing. I am confused as how I should bleed the system. Also I am hesitant to replace the system because it was just replaced 2-3 years ago.

Here is a picture of the port on the slave cylinder. I'm not sure if mine is just missing the bleeder screw or if it was not designed to be bleed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rBfdCE5qKTTea7MZeZNFlvfmxcsX4vsf/view?usp=sharing

I've never had luck bleeding any of them. If the fluid went down you probably have something wrong that won't be fixed by a bleed, or at least that's my guess. I would just buy a new pre-bled unit. Anything that isn't parts store brand should be ok. None of them seem to last very long but the ones from O'Reilly have always been the worst for me. I warrantied them out every year for a while until I got fed up and went with another brand.

No idea if yours is able to be bled or not based on your pic.

I've never had luck bleeding any of them. If the fluid went down you probably have something wrong that won't be fixed by a bleed, or at least that's my guess. I would just buy a new pre-bled unit. Anything that isn't parts store brand should be ok. None of them seem to last very long but the ones from O'Reilly have always been the worst for me. I warrantied them out every year for a while until I got fed up and went with another brand.

No idea if yours is able to be bled or not based on your pic.
Thank you for the advice. I have been looking at the kit from extreme terrain.
I'm not sure how much they should cost but do you think this system is worth the 172.
I am not set in stone on getting it from them any suggestions of places I could get it is apricated as well.

Thank you for the advice. I have been looking at the kit from extreme terrain.
I'm not sure how much they should cost but do you think this system is worth the 172.
I am not set in stone on getting it from them any suggestions of places I could get it is apricated as well.
That one is probably crown or rugged ridge. They all look pretty much identical. I’d get one of these two from rockauto and call it good.

For what it’s worth, the Oreilly one did not look like everything else. It was all metal and the pedal was much stiffer. You would think it would have lasted longer by the heavy metal design but nope, they really sucked.

5EF08618-3A7B-4571-9119-F3773B09C6F6.png