93 YJ dies when coming to stop / clutch pushed in

Kirkcircus

Hello all,
A few things about this situation.
Manual
Idles fine
Has full power
Drives totally normal unless i down shift to slow down.
Everything is normal until i push in the clutch then it dies out.
More particularly, if the rpm’s are up while slowing and i push it in.
It’s always dropped lower than normal but recovered itself.
Now it stalls.
If RPMs are just over 1k it recovers itself
If they are 1300 or higher it dies.
Also if i push in the clutch, tap the gas it drops down to idle ok.
Things I’ve tried.
Spraying brake parts cleaner around all vacuum lines to see if idle rises. That didn’t happen.
That’s all i know to try.
Any help would be appreciated

Start by spraying throttle body cleaner in the intake all around the throttle plate and also the Idle Control Valve. That ICV gets gummed up and can't react fast enough, or at all, to recover from a higher RPM then suddenly to idle.

no engine told
yes on /MT box
if you shift to neutral first. using left foot clutch, does it stall>?
if yes engine cased EFI. or fueling all bad, or spark failing got new spark plugs/cap rotor , under 60k miles?

the post is not clear at all for sure the 1300 RPm deal is way to vague

Drives totally normal unless i down shift to slow down. (fails too if put in to neutral first)
Everything is normal until i push in the clutch,(in) then it dies out. what dies, be clear, RPM goes to 0 rpm or 400 wrong)??? or engine dies 100%
More particularly, if the rpm’s are up while slowing and i push it in. (up means where?) use number please .RPM
It’s always dropped lower than normal but recovered itself. what is lower than Normal , answer is 800 hot or 1000 rpm with A/C on is A/C on?
Now it stalls. (stalled engines are 0PRM and if did stall the key starts work or dumping the clutch to 2nd gear gets car going but no MPH speed tool so ????????_
If RPMs are just over 1k it recovers itself (from what?)
If they are 1300 or higher it dies.
Also if i push in the clutch, tap the gas it drops down to idle ok.

now my wild wild guess. (on the words I do not understand fully)

I guess you meant the EFI has gross idle controlling errors, while only driving. or even shifting to neutral if fails moving
1 N, 2<N 3<N 4 >N
shift to N as if it was a gear and report what IDLE RPM is there, at N
800 is the answer, if not IAC is failing. (assumes A/C is off, nor Defrost mode set) AC dead. AC clutch disengaged. AC on is 1000rpm.

is CEL lamp glowing key on, then turns off engine running. In center of cluster see CEL lamp (check engine lamp)
if not ever on the lamp is bad. #$74 lamp burned out. a 50cent bulb. Mine are now LED.

if CEL on then off running that is good (keyon then running off)
if cEL on and ON running that means PCM has DTC error codes to report, 11 to 54,learn to read flash codes. DTCs they are called.
key on 3 times fast in 3 seconds max and see DTC errors blink out that lamp.

IAC fails for these reasons (and more)
IAC is clogged with gunk clean it. (on rear right side of TB throttle body)

TPS failing so bad the PCM can not discover throttle is at idle or TV plate or cable is jamming. (TV is bottom center of TB)
vacuum leaks any hose or causes . here.
leaks cause HIGH illegal RPM and is dangerous to teens and some GF/wifes (tell them to key off and get a tow)
or engine major problems, compression dead on 1 or more cylinders, no engine told so I guess.

high RPm FAILS was cured later with TBw TECHNOLOGY, IF FAILS ?CAR GOES 20MPH MAX OR DIES. (Depends on how bad )
THROTTLE BY WIRE.

I occasionally have the same issue on a ‘95 4.0.
My problem is with the speedometer and related wiring at the transmission. I’m just too busy to crawl under to fix it.
My speedometer goes crazy every now and then. When depressing the clutch while coming to a stop, the engine stalls or almost stalls.
Moving the wiring around at the transmission fixes it temporarily.
Give that wiring a good look to be sure everything is okay. I’ll fix mine. Some day. Maybe. 😊