93 YJ 4.0 Engine Ignition Issue

Albert5

93YJ 4.0 Ignition Issue. After installing 6 new spark plugs, the engine misses while idling but runs good on the road at normal speeds. Any ideas why?

93YJ 4L Ignition Issue. After installing 6 new spark plugs, the engine misses while idling but runs good on the road at normal speeds. Any ideas why?
New plug is bad, a plug wire got broken while disconnecting or reconnecting, plug wire not fully connected to plug.

Hi zoot super $$ plugs? General consensus is the high dollar super cubic zerkonium plugs dont work well in jeeps. Everyone swears by plain old Champs. If not like the guys said a now damaged wire, or is it a obvious one cylinder miss at idle that fades away at high RPM. Its not that hard to crack the porcelain and have a bad plug.

Hey there,
Thanks for your help guys. I did check the gap (0.035”) on all 6 plugs and wow, the number 6 plug gap was practically 0. The plug must have been “dinged” in shipment to cause it. Lesson learned, always check the spark plug gap on spark plugs before installing. The spark plugs are Champions too. I went ahead and installed new spark plug wires for good measure; the old wires worked but were 11 years old. My 93 YJ is happy !!! Thanks again. IMG_0187.jpeg