93 Restoration Project Complete

Superbird17

Here's my restoration of my recently purchased (July 2022) '93 YJ. Was a 9 month project that I completed in May 2023

Purchased out of Georgia for $5000 from the second owner for $5000. Needed lot's of TLC but over all it was a solid body with no dents or rust as well as a solid frame. Has a 6 cylinder with a 5 speed showing only 127K miles. I was told that the last 15 yrs it pretty much sat in the garage.

With 127K miles over 30 yrs that's an average of 4233 miles per years. I'm in it for $11,500 total as I dropped an added $6500 on top of the $5k purchase price and of course my free labor :)

What was done:
* Engine bay was cleaned and detailed
* Replaced plug wire and plugs
* Crank sensor
* Aluminum radiator with hoses
* Vacuum hoses
* Air intake
* Clutch cable
* 35's Nexen tires
* Pro comp aluminum wheels
* Shocks
* Suspension (various parts)
* Speakers (front, rear and overhead)
* Soft top
* Seats and Steering wheel
* Rhino lined the floors
* New front windshield and rubber seals
* Half doors (not shown) and hardware
* Front and rear bumper and 10,000 lb winch
* Dash cleaned and restored
* Paint and primer material

From start to finish

93 Body-1.jpeg

93 Body-2.jpeg

93 Body-3.jpeg

Last edited:
Prepping her, sanding to bare metal, then epoxy primer, sealer, paint (original Navajo Turquoise) and clear coat

Body-1.jpg

Body-2.jpg

Body-3.jpg

Body-4.jpg

Body-5.jpg

Body-6.jpg

Reactions: Superbird17
Wow, that came out great! I was particularly intrigued as that paint color is pretty close to (if not exact) the color of my first Jeep..... a 1986 CJ-7. Yep, just wow!

Reactions: Superbird17
Wow, that came out great! I was particularly intrigued as that paint color is pretty close to (if not exact) the color of my first Jeep..... a 1986 CJ-7. Yep, just wow!
I believe the '86 color offered then was called medium blue and yes, was very close in color.

Reactions: HRDROKN