87 wrangler ubolts

joshuapa

Ordered a lift kit by year. Only to find out ubolts on my leaf springs are 2 inch center to center. Kit is 2 3/4 center to center. Guessing the frame has been changed at some point. Any help would be appreciated thanks . joshuapa@yahoo.com

Existing ubolts should be based on the axle tube and should be roughly 2.5"ish....take pictures of your axles to see if you are not on stock axles. 2" tubes would be really small.

usually you get 4 2.5" ubolts for the rear axle and then 2 2.5" for the front and 2 3.25" for the front. The front has you place the ubolts over the thicker housing castings like the pumpkin on the left side and the CAD housing on the right side, hence the different size bolts needed. Haven't ever needed a 2.75" bolt on my jeep.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
I think he means 2.75 from center of actual threaded end to the other end. That making it 2.5 ID between the ends. 🤔
Now that there just makes too much sense.

Still no clue on the 2” center to center comment though. That won’t ever make sense until pics are uploaded.

Yeppers...kinds a pisser when folks ask questions and never follow up. Everybody can learn something,however its only been a day since he asked the question and hopefully he comes back. Always good to see what kinda contraptions somebody might have built.

Yeppers...kinds a pisser when folks ask questions and never follow up. Everybody can learn something,however its only been a day since he asked the question and hopefully he comes back. Always good to see what kinda contraptions somebody might have built.
Agreed. One thing I don’t understand is someone joins the forum, makes one post asking something, and then by their account activity you can tell they logged off immediately after and never ever came back. Not sure what the point of that is if you don’t even follow up to read the results of what you asked about. Looks like this guy came back a bit later to read at least.