5 volts TPS

names in the USA all names for EFI are by SAE , and are a standard here. and in 1996 many names changed,
case in point CPS is now gone,CKP is new name for crank sensor now and forever.
TPS is still TPS
but the output pin is now called throttle angle, 1995 is call TPS signal; pin this is what the ECU sees and never the other 2 pins.

but pin number never lie. the FSM shows them .

The names are not ISO used in Europe, ever see a BMW service manual with wild crazy names, there. (dont look or go mad)
I do not want to argue names of parts, that is not my intent,ever !
what I ask for is use the FSM names or tell the TPS wire colors. of the pin numbers probed.
or show photos of meter connections,
is the CEL glowing running>> still
keep in mind I can not see you do tests.(me mr. blind)
so using correct names or pin #1 are paramount to success.
I posted the TPS real schematic above. so it is clear how Jeep names those connections in 1995.

let me say now GOOD LUCK!

i can not understand this jump 5V to 5.10
0.1vdc is NOTHING EVER. on jeeps or EFI.
its not a jump at all it is just normal car power noise all cars made have.
what pins you probed IDK

the power pins measure only from
TPS pin 1 to pin 3. it is 5v and 5v means 4.5v to 5.5vdc, each ECu will be in that range, so until ECU is replace it does not change
well unless other sensors short that line, 5v out of ECU.
and 0.1vdc is not a change or a jump it is normal.
as you can see , I can not watch you meter probe the TPS, so I have no idea what you did, blind.

the TPS ground is special, it comes from the ECU, this ground is created by the ECU and is monitored
by the ECU (ADC) even makes corrections for Ground errors on that pin, that is one of ECUs many jobs. (features)
to test the TPS ground ? , connect meter black lead testprobe to battery main NEG lug.,
then red meter probe to TPS ground. this is your ground error. it will be in my opinon be about 0 to 0.5vdc there.
the ECU also corrects for ground errors and battery weak errors to get the injectors pulse rates correct for these normal
differential errors . this is how it work. The ECU is designed to handle normal minor errors and not make more smog.
note that ground pin goes other places that can fail too.
as does the 5vdp pin go to the MAP to run this electronic MAP sensor.

next time be clear on meter lead connections. and what make you say a reading is wrong, say what makes you think it so?
0.1 is not any kind of error.
most cars are ground spec. at 0 to 0.5vdc errors are allowed, mostly for cheap small gauge wire used. so save cash to build the car.
ive seen new cars with 1vdc drop on the fuel pump power wire. 11v cranking and 10V to the pump
all normal due to dinky wire.(Awg)

tell what fails and does not fail
both. that is why the post fails.

under what conditions does it not MISFIRE< (all conditions matter) ???????

the TPS, is mounted in such a way the TPS is spring loaded to the shaft. (TV shaft)
this causes the TPS to track the TV shaft 100 % accuratly and not jam or be loose and sloppy !
put on wrongly, the TV jams I think before WOT. and is a super bad act that can wreck the TPS, at WOT moments.
okay. install it with full care, and attention to this detail and facts.
even put a new TPS with TB in hand so you can gently operate the TV and make sure the TPS works and does not JAM THE TV ever.

the TB throttle body is only an AIR VALVE
the TV means throttle valve ( a butterfly valve in pure mechanics.)
The TPS is only a THROTTLE Angle SENSOR and must not be loose or tell lies to the ECU.
the FSM even warns not to run the engine if the TPS was installed wrong but doing so can wreck any TPS .
it's only plastic, ,
most times only the wires are bad. to the TPS. or MAP wires bad or shorted or MAP 5vdc is shorting out a
and that makes the same wire to the TPS fail hard.
the TPS does not cause WOT misfire ever say 5 full seconds or more of WOT. does not.
the O2 sensors is offline WOT, so the O2 does not cause WOT misfire. as the O2 is OFFLINE in the driving mode.
this is why I beg for driving evidence. hot engine, cold engine, starting, idling and WOT.
yes the TPS bad can cause what is calleD TIP_IN Hesitation,
as the right foot toe TIPS in the throttle the power delays, called Hesitation. then self corrects in a few seconds and full power hits there rear wheels, At WOT. is this clear?
misfire means 1 to 4 cylinder misfire, or all do at once. 1996 cars tell you which one did, or all. your can can not do that test.
misfire is hear, felt and seen
so see misfire , the shiftl lever goes mad. shakes
or under hood I advance the throttle TV by hand and hear and see the engine shake voilently. misfire.

never ingore the CEL lamp it glows key and goes out running
if glows running, that means DTC are stored in ECU memory or means live DTC errors or both.
never egnore the CEL lamp it is your friend if glows running,
mostly OBD1 cars the DTC errors are mainly gross catastrophic errors, like dead this and dead that. and can never be ingored
okay? I do hope all this helps

EFI is complex this is not a bad desk lamp.
The EFI is a computer, and all inputs or outputs can fail and most times the ECU never fails.(caps do on some)
the inputs on this ECU are fully protected and never fail unless the sensor or wires did.
the outputs on any ECU this old are not protected, so you someone hot wires pins in a car, you blow up the ECU.
do not hot wire parts, in this car for sure any wire connected to any ECU pins, or BOOM you let the smoke out. as we say.
the starter sure. jumped sure.
jump start the battery sure.

all other hotwiring is NOT WISE.

The ECU does not measure fuel pressure ever, that is my job,
My FSM even warns of that fact.
the ECU does not know a spark plug shorted. (until 1996 use EPA laws)
it will see the HV spark coil primary shorted and ASD relay drop and EFI goes dead and engine stalls dead on purpose.
so the 60k tune up is a big thing here.for spark and filters.:unsure:

I still have no idea how you did those TPS meter checks, not at all,
what pin jumps, not told
how the 2 meters leads connected not told
I wait.
I think i found my answer after taking sometime away from the jeep. after taking apart the wiring harness and looking over all wires i found couple of bare wires on the O2 censor will be replacing tonight and checking everything. not sure if that's the issue but it doesn't help things for sure. I believe they share a ground wire but will be double checking when i replace the censor.

0.1vdc is NOTHING EVER. on jeeps or EFI.
its not a jump at all it is just normal car power noise all cars made have.
what pins you probed IDK

the power pins measure only from
TPS pin 1 to pin 3. it is 5v and 5v means 4.5v to 5.5vdc, each ECu will be in that range, so until ECU is replace it does not change
well unless other sensors short that line, 5v out of ECU.
and 0.1vdc is not a change or a jump it is normal.
as you can see , I can not watch you meter probe the TPS, so I have no idea what you did, blind.

the TPS ground is special, it comes from the ECU, this ground is created by the ECU and is monitored
by the ECU (ADC) even makes corrections for Ground errors on that pin, that is one of ECUs many jobs. (features)
to test the TPS ground ? , connect meter black lead testprobe to battery main NEG lug.,
then red meter probe to TPS ground. this is your ground error. it will be in my opinon be about 0 to 0.5vdc there.
the ECU also corrects for ground errors and battery weak errors to get the injectors pulse rates correct for these normal
differential errors . this is how it work. The ECU is designed to handle normal minor errors and not make more smog.
note that ground pin goes other places that can fail too.
as does the 5vdp pin go to the MAP to run this electronic MAP sensor.

next time be clear on meter lead connections. and what make you say a reading is wrong, say what makes you think it so?
0.1 is not any kind of error.
most cars are ground spec. at 0 to 0.5vdc errors are allowed, mostly for cheap small gauge wire used. so save cash to build the car.
ive seen new cars with 1vdc drop on the fuel pump power wire. 11v cranking and 10V to the pump
all normal due to dinky wire.(Awg)

tell what fails and does not fail
both. that is why the post fails.

under what conditions does it not MISFIRE< (all conditions matter) ???????
So as i just stated above i found 2 wires on my O2 censor that were bare. im replacing the O2 censor today and repairing the wires. i believe the O2 censor shares a ground with the TPS after i chased the wiring harness and removed all wire protections this weekend.

the hesitation happens when on take off and stepping upon the peddle to go to WOT.

When i tested the the TPS I used the ground from the battery and tested both the supply (middle) wire and return (3rd wire) to get my reading. I was under the assumption that at nuetral postion i should have .5V on the supply wire but i have 4.8+/- at neutral positon. i never have had this issue before and my TPS is roughly 1 year old. whne i put reader on ECU it gave me high voltage to TPS.

IF im using wrong verbage for parts/wires, sorry dont know much on correct terms

T
So as i just stated above i found 2 wires on my O2 censor that were bare. im replacing the O2 censor today and repairing the wires. i believe the O2 censor shares a ground with the TPS after i chased the wiring harness and removed all wire protections this weekend.

the hesitation happens when on take off and stepping upon the peddle to go to WOT.

When i tested the the TPS I used the ground from the battery and tested both the supply (middle) wire and return (3rd wire) to get my reading. I was under the assumption that at nuetral postion i should have .5V on the supply wire but i have 4.8+/- at neutral positon. i never have had this issue before and my TPS is roughly 1 year old. whne i put reader on ECU it gave me high voltage to TPS.

IF im using wrong verbage for parts/wires, sorry dont know much on correct terms
o give you heads up on this. 2 weeks ago i went back to working on my jeep and trying to find the issue. I started by removing all the wire covers and tracing all wires related to the TPS wiring harness. I ended up finding a bare wire to the CO2 censor and a 2nd wire not quite bare. i ended up replacing the CO2 censor and also repair the wires with solder. after that was still having a minor issue so i tested the connection to existing TPS censor and found out it was faulting by ohming out the censor. i replaced the censor and all is good. i appriciate the help on the forum back to running well and now working on changing head gasket and other items.

thanks again