3 bolts sheared off at engine

Kkelly66

('92' 4.0) 3 bolts at the engine sheared off. The bracket arm that goes from engine to the mount on the right sheared all 3 bolts at the engine. Having a hard time getting the broken bolts out of engine . Is this common? And what is the size when I do get more?

It’s not common, but it does happen. It’s usually from 1 or more of the bolts not being properly tight which then the remaining ones loosen up as well and then they give. You could order a set of engine plates from stinkyfabracing, which use more holes. However some of the holes that bracket grabs are smaller, so I’m not sure if it’ll be super strong with the old 3 holes being ruined.

I had a similar problem on the right side mount on my 2.4L. One was stripped and the other sheared as I was removing it.

Lots of soaking and heat/cool to get lube down in the threads. I tack welded a nut onto the broken bolt and it came out easily then bought a HeliCoil kit to repair the stripped hole.

1694890445858.png

it is 100%normal in the rust belt
google what that means. youtube cars in the rust belt and be happy your not there. if true
on youtube, search engine bolts siezed. endless super good answers demonstrated.
heat is first.
N.Mexico , but a vin check finds if it lived in the salt belt./ many have.

we cant see the bolt stuck, no photos presented
and damage seen is 100x best to see first. post photos, and win.
  1. heat
  2. if threads show, try vise grips and pen oil , after heating it up.
  3. if fails weld a nut to the short now stud
  4. if fails drilled out and collapsed
  5. if fails drilled out and Helicoiled, fix.
watch the videos, of the hard cases, nothing is better than that, on youtube. etc.
some are class 10 genius level done,