1993 YJ Hydraulic Clutch Line Replacement

1208mdk

My husband and I have a 1993 YJ Inline 6 Jeep. We need the Hydraulic clutch line from the master cylinder to slave cylinder.

Apparently the only year they made this design. No one makes after market or the hydraulic line, what can be done that doesn’t require pulling the transmission and replacing the throw out bearing and clutch. Any resources or advice would be great.

I have a 92 with an internal slave with the quick connect fitting and was wondering if they still make the part should I ever need one.

I found this adapter from Quadratic. New hose and fittings but it will require you to cut the old quick connect off and flair the cut end of the tubing. I think this will work ok.

I just made new hard brake lines and had to cut and flair about 10 connections. Limited space under there by the clutch but no need to remove the transmission. You can usually find free loaner tools for cutting and flaring at your local friendly auto parts store.

Hope this helps:

Reactions: Chris
Thanks so much! This might work, we didn’t want to pull the transmission.
Hopefully that link works, but don't count on not ever pulling the transmission on a 93 and prior. Those slave cylinders are crazy notorious for busting. If it does go bad on you, you can convert it to the MUCH better 94-95 external slave style for about $500 by buying about 10 parts from eBay and parts houses. 100% worth it if you keep the Jeep long enough that it comes to that.

My husband and I have a 1993 YJ Inline 6 Jeep. We need the Hydraulic clutch line from the master cylinder to slave cylinder.

Apparently the only year they made this design. No one makes after market or the hydraulic line, what can be done that doesn’t require pulling the transmission and replacing the throw out bearing and clutch. Any resources or advice would be great.
You can have the hydraulic line custom made for not too much. Ask around the area. If not, there's a place in Everett WA that does them. Google it.