Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild Kit
Front Brakes (including calipers)
Rear Brakes (including drums)
Complete Exhaust System
Complete set of Body Bushings and Hardware
Rear Drive Shaft Universal Joint
Transfer Case Output Shaft Seal
Towing Harness

Back in the shop today to evaluate what shift linkage/brackets are needed for the transfer case to make it shift properly.

Other planneD work: New Soft Top, LED Head and Tail Lights, and a new Stereo.

Looks nice. I'll bet the transfer case shifter probably needs a new rubber isolator and locking clip which stiffens up the shifter stick to the shifter base. Takes out virtually all the slop. I've never seen any other issues with the shifters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Whiplash2130
The mechanic told me last week that the bracket was the wrong one. I’ll see what he does about it.
As for the tires and wheels, you’re right about those. They are great!

The mechanic told me last week that the bracket was the wrong one. I’ll see what he does about it.
As for the tires and wheels, you’re right about those. They are great!
That's weird. The bracket mounts to the trans so there are different brackets for auto and manual, 4.0 and 2.5. 4 different brackets total if I remember right. No clue why the PO would have ever changed it on you, you should be able to find one on eBay.

Like I said, this is a new purchase for me. Looks like the guy before me just didn’t care. Lots of questionable installs done just to keep her going.

Your YJ looks very clean and well kept. White especially looks good on it.

It's getting a lot harder to find these things where they haven't been beaten to crap or abused like hell.
So many of them are nasty, hacked up pieces of trash. I need to post up a build thread of some sort one of these days but playing catch up on 7 years will be tough. Mine is clean like the whiplash's so it's nice to have one of the rare ones. About to put new American Racing AR23 15x7s and 33x10.50. Looking forward to that as well as the axles I'm having done and the 4.88 gears to go with them. The 4.0 should be pretty nice to drive again finally, and the looks will be restored from the ugly black Cragar steel wheels that I thought were so cool when I got them long ago.

So many of them are nasty, hacked up pieces of trash. I need to post up a build thread of some sort one of these days but playing catch up on 7 years will be tough. Mine is clean like the whiplash's so it's nice to have one of the rare ones. About to put new American Racing AR23 15x7s and 33x10.50. Looking forward to that as well as the axles I'm having done and the 4.88 gears to go with them. The 4.0 should be pretty nice to drive again finally, and the looks will be restored from the ugly black Cragar steel wheels that I thought were so cool when I got them long ago.

Yes, it's much easier to find clean TJs. Finding a clean YJ is quite a feat these days. The majority of the ones I see are just garbage and haven't been well kept at all. Anytime I see a clean YJ I get excited, since it's very, very rare.

My YJ was delivered with a AX-5 transmission from the factory and at some point was changed to the AX-15 5 speed manual. That explains the wrong bracket. The shop is going to get the proper bracket (at a reasonable price they say) install and rig. Still waiting.

well i,m thinking,,the purchase price the part replacements ,,my labor hrs...i mean i kinda think i got a fine jeep and like the rest of the yj lover,s i,m gonna max mine out oh i,m 65 and my finished yj when i finish is not for sale....

Yes, it's much easier to find clean TJs. Finding a clean YJ is quite a feat these days. The majority of the ones I see are just garbage and haven't been well kept at all. Anytime I see a clean YJ I get excited, since it's very, very rare.
We lucked out when we found our ‘95 YJ. Super clean. It took a long time to find it! Not perfect, but what 25 year old vehicle is???

We lucked out when we found our ‘95 YJ. Super clean. It took a long time to find it! Not perfect, but what 25 year old vehicle is???
Thus far I’ve invested about $3000 more than she’s worth. Still needs a new soft top, a pair of front seats, and a new stereo. May someday replace the trashed out A/C system too. Probably another $3000.

Thus far I’ve invested about $3000 more than she’s worth. Still needs a new soft top, a pair of front seats, and a new stereo. May someday replace the trashed out A/C system too. Probably another $3000.
At least you have a trashed out AC TO replace! I just have an empty space under the hood for a compressor... 🤣

So far the only big expense for us has been repairing the fallout from a failed seal where the pinion yoke goes in the rear differential. Junk got in there and destroyed the bearings right there. Fortunately my husband and I were able to fix it, but it required all new bearings and seals. I’m just glad the gears were ok. I like having 3.55.

Don't keep track of the $, it will only break your heart. Joking aside, I actually do keep receipts and totals on everything, but good lord it's been so much money over 7.5 years. eventually the list will become small as you tackle the big items but every once in a while things will pop up that you need to repair or want to improve, so the official list will never really end.

View attachment 116273
Tires (x5) Falken Wildpeak 255/70R/16XL. A/T3
Wheels (x5) AR 172 BLK
Mount and Balance (x5)
Wheel Spline Kit
Valve Cover Gasket
Spring and U-Bolt Kit with 4 Corner Shackles
Shocks (x4)
Track Bar Front
Track Bar Rear
Sway Bar Link Kit
Sway Bar Bushings
Engine Mounts (x2)
Transmission Mount
Ring and Pinion Set (4.10) Rear
Rear End Carrier
Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild Kit
Front Brakes (including calipers)
Rear Brakes (including drums)
Complete Exhaust System
Complete set of Body Bushings and Hardware
Rear Drive Shaft Universal Joint
Transfer Case Output Shaft Seal
Towing Harness

Back in the shop today to evaluate what shift linkage/brackets are needed for the transfer case to make it shift properly.

Other planneD work: New Soft Top, LED Head and Tail Lights, and a new Stereo.
Ok! We can add the following additional work as of today:
Replaced Rear Main Seal
Replaced Transfer Case Shifter and bracket - re-rigged. Now have 4WD!
Replaced Oil Pressure Sensor
Replaced Oil Pan and Gasket

New seats should arrive next week.