YJ Rust Treatment

JaredMLowe

First post: I own a '93 YJ with the 4.0 and 5sp manual, with about 250,000 miles. Overall, it runs great. I have done a bit of work to it (water pump, thermostat, thermostat housing, radiator hoses, belt, intake manifold, exhaust, rear end gears, freeze plugs, full tune up, etc.) I removed the "plastic" fender flares on the front (going to be cutting the fenders soon, to install flat fenders), I will be removing the rear ones as well. I put on a Rugged Ridge brief top (to enjoy the Florida summer). I have been tackling projects as they present themselves (currently, developed a leak from the oil sending unit, so that is my next job).

Over the next couple of months, my plan is to install a 4" lift, wheels and tires, and a paint job. I currently have two rust holes on either side of the Jeep (in the typical place, under "Jeep" see pics). Looking for suggestions on the best way to address this before painting. I thought about treating it with some type of rust treatment, and just covering them with a custom-made rocker panel.

What are some of the things y'all have done to address the same issue.

InkedFB_IMG_1556131983181_LI.jpg

FB_IMG_1556131987384.jpg