YJ Flat towing

BBClamper

Hi team YJ….I’m figuring out how to set my 92’ up to flat tow behind my MH.
What’s the best braking system to put onboard?
I’ve got a 6pin female plug and a towable bumper from PO but the wiring is missing.
Any help would be appreciated as always!

18163286-7740-42A0-B169-7C4EA303A841.jpeg

We have a Blue Ox Patriot braking system. We move it from my '93 YJ to my wife's '14 JK. Croft trailer did the electrical connection for the trailer lights on the JK (I use a portable trailer light system that I have to run and connect each time we tow my YJ.), and they set up the break away cable. The Patriot goes on the floor board and plugs into the 12V and the break away cable. The system pushes the brake pedal of the Jeep when it senses the motor home braking. It's adjustable for any vehicle, and there is a remote, so you can make adjustments from the MH. It takes some set up each time we move it between vehicles, and in between uses, I have to read the set up manual all over again. (It's not that bad, it's just that I'm old.) There might be cheaper systems and simpler set ups, but for switching between tow vehicles and Jeeps, it's been perfect. We towed without brakes on the Jeep before, which is foolish, but we didn't know. Towing can still be scary, but it's better now.