YJ ECU

djhrn1

I am in need of an ECU FOR MY JEEP WRANGLER YJ my current ecu was not repairable and am having a hard time locating a new one . I am hoping that someone with a little more jeep knowledge can help me out here. The ECU part# 56027 574. and appears to be from a 1994 jeep wrangler 2.5 liter with manual tranny. Can anyone tell me if there are alternate part numbers that will work. For example can I use a ECU from a Dodge Dakota 91-95 with a 2.5 and manual tranny and does it matter if you have an automatic vs manual because I know I read somewhere that it doesn't matter if it is except for the I believe they said it was either 93-94 or 94-95 automatic had a torque converter that required a specific ECU and the other years the ECU had nothing to do with the torque converter. Thanks in advance Dave

Don’t know about getting one from a Dakota, that would maybe work but I’m not sure. For your 94 manual 2.5, you can definitely use any 91-95 2.5 PCM. Even if it’s from a 94-95 auto, it won’t matter because those don’t throw a check engine light when they detect the torque converter not locking up.

The two conditions that matter:

-needs to be for same engine
-any 94-95 auto needs a 94-95 auto PCM. Anyone else can use anything from any year as long as it’s for the same engine.

That's what I thought I just figured that the Dakota and the wrangler are both Chrysler and have the same engines that I would be able to pull one from a Dakota. The problem with our area is as soon as a jeep goes to the bone yard they are stripped in a day