Wrench sense

Gilaguy23

YJ Enthusiast
This is gonna sound terrible and its not to be taken as a jab as somebody. I venture over to the TJ forum occasionally because I owned one and it broke enough. A recent post asked if "it's OK to park my TJ for a Few days with the rear shocks removed" I was kinda thinking is this real? Then I realized it was a legitimate question.
That being said I haven't the words to explain my thankfulness to those,taught me, the group here and in forums of the past who can answer questions one needs to ask. I cannot imagine owning a Jeep,or 90% of the junk Ive owned over my life, using it as we do, and not knowing what one knows to keep it going. My first vehicle was a 67 Mustang, Taint no internet back then,no jeep forum or youtube. You guessed if you were doing it right. Just a thank you to everyone for sharing...well, except for Blaine over there....their" Internet asshole" as they refer to him.

Reactions: jeepjoe43
Yeah, a Jeep can be a mess if you don't know anything about anything. I knew nothing about nothing when I bought mine but luckily it was basically perfect vehicle for years which gave me time to learn without having any failures. The only failures I had were caused by me monkeying my way into things without really knowing what I was doing. YouTube, forum posts (before photobucket messed everything up), and reading the FSM taught a lot.

You have to think that the shock question is lacking some common sense. It feels like it would be common knowledge that a shock carries no load and thus will make absolutely no difference to a vehicle just sitting in the yard or driveway. I guess common sense isn't always common, so it's at least better to try and help them than ridicule.

As for Blaine, he does have a personality that is not always pleasant to deal with, but he will go above and beyond to help people most of the time, and he does produce very good products for the community. He just has an abrasive way of approaching matters that definitely ruffles feathers. He is overall, a very good part of the Jeep world, it just certainly does not always seem that way with the 'tude you may receive. He has personally helped me out quite a few times for nothing in return and even at his own cost sometimes, simply just to help. For that, I give him a lot of respect.

This is gonna sound terrible and its not to be taken as a jab as somebody. I venture over to the TJ forum occasionally because I owned one and it broke enough. A recent post asked if "it's OK to park my TJ for a Few days with the rear shocks removed" I was kinda thinking is this real? Then I realized it was a legitimate question.
That being said I haven't the words to explain my thankfulness to those,taught me, the group here and in forums of the past who can answer questions one needs to ask. I cannot imagine owning a Jeep,or 90% of the junk Ive owned over my life, using it as we do, and not knowing what one knows to keep it going. My first vehicle was a 67 Mustang, Taint no internet back then,no jeep forum or youtube. You guessed if you were doing it right. Just a thank you to everyone for sharing...well, except for Blaine over there....their" Internet asshole" as they refer to him.
That is exactly why I 😍 this forum!
It is about the very knowledgeable and civil people here.
If it's help with the Jeep or other issues.
And I Really Enjoy helping other when I can.

I do feel I ask questions way too soon before figuring it out myself. I feel spoiled on this forum. But my god have I learned alot in a short period of time.
I don’t think anybody here has ever been bothered by one of your questions. You can pretty much find the answer to anything on the internet if you dig enough because most likely someone has been there before, but that’s no reason not to ask. Plenty of us have already been through whatever you’re doing and can give a very quick answer vs you digging through hours of mind numbing internet posts trying to find it yourself. That’s why I never get it when everybody gets pissed and says “SEARCH!” Lots of the time searching just isn’t practical. And how do you know they didn’t search before posting? Lots of times the people screaming at you to search didn’t even read your question all the way to understand that your question may be a tricky one to find the answer to from a search.

The only questions in my mind that deserve that kind of treatment are the standard run of the mill “what tire size can I fit with no lift” questions. And even then, usually it’s easier to just tell them a tire size than it is to berate them mercilessly over their dumb question. We were all there at one point.

I don’t think anybody here has ever been bothered by one of your questions. You can pretty much find the answer to anything on the internet if you dig enough because most likely someone has been there before, but that’s no reason not to ask. Plenty of us have already been through whatever you’re doing and can give a very quick answer vs you digging through hours of mind numbing internet posts trying to find it yourself. That’s why I never get it when everybody gets pissed and says “SEARCH!” Lots of the time searching just isn’t practical. And how do you know they didn’t search before posting? Lots of times the people screaming at you to search didn’t even read your question all the way to understand that your question may be a tricky one to find the answer to from a search.

The only questions in my mind that deserve that kind of treatment are the standard run of the mill “what tire size can I fit with no lift” questions. And even then, usually it’s easier to just tell them a tire size than it is to berate them mercilessly over their dumb question. We were all there at one point.
Says it All!

That's good to know about Blaine. I haven't been over there enough to see the good side of him apparently. Even a couple of mine he has made some pretty pointless contradictions that ruffled the feathers so to say. I gotta admit some of the numerous forums are just plain hostile and unhelpful. Like Joe says the only dumb question is one not asked.