Will my Dana 35 be okay with 32s?

Duckserman

I'm running a 1995 yj with a 2.5 and AX-5 on 32s and am in the process of making my Jeep lighter. Will my Dana 35 be okay with this setup? I go off-road almost every weekend in mostly light trails and small to medium sized mud pits.

It will be okay as long as you upgrade the axle shafts to an alloy shaft. I suggest Revolution axle shafts.

Without the axle shafts you'll be fine for a while, but eventually you're likely to break the axle shafts.

If you want to make that Dana 35 handle up to 35s without ever giving out on you, order the Revolution Super 35 kit which converts the Dana 35 to 30 spline (via new axle shafts and a 30 spline locker). Then you'll be more than fine!

Reactions: Steel City 06
The Revolution super 35 kit is the best out there. The only drawback is that they chose to do business in China. So you get Chinese axle shafts. It upgrades your Dana 35 with a locker and bigger splined shafts.

if you want some bolt in replacment axles, or something Made in USA, Dutchman axle builds bolt in axles that are chromoly and you can get them for less than $300 a pair. They can be built in any spline count, any bolt pattern, and are built right here in the USA.

Last edited:
So the kits I saw said 91-06. Do they make one for my 89 as well?
No, nobody makes a kit for that axle, although maybe you could contact Dutchman like Fouledplugs recommended, and they might be able to make you something based off of some dimensions. Not sure, haven't ever personally dealt with them.

Reactions: Fouledplugs