Which SYE do I need?

tmcnam

Hi all, I bought a 1989 jeep YJ with a SOA lift, not sure how much. It has a dana 44 rear-end with disc brakes. I'm trying to determine which SYE kit I need. I don't know much about this build but the engine number says it came out of a late 90's Cherokee and I think the rear-end did as well. The transfer case doesn't look typical for YJ's from what I've seen. I'm very new to jeeps but not to restoration builds on cars. So, questions are: 1. Which transfer case do I have? (I think NP231 with later model snout) 2. Which SYE kits will fit? (Will all of the kits bolt on to my TC) 3. Anything else I should know?
Thanks in advance
Regards,
Tim Mc

20240908_131811.jpg

20240908_131820.jpg

20240908_131828.jpg

Looks like a 231 to me. I can see the ID tag is missing on the rear, not surprising. I would look on Novak transmission sight, they have loads of good info on the 231 and other Xfer cases. You can also give them a call for more specifics.

Looks like a 231 to me. I can see the ID tag is missing on the rear, not surprising. I would look on Novak transmission sight, they have loads of good info on the 231 and other Xfer cases. You can also give them a call for more specifics.

Thanks! I will check out their site.
Regards,
Tim