Where to source parts?

Bnd4Drt

Hey all.... I've got some lifter noise (I think). The noise is only there on startup and goes away within a minute or two. I want to replace the rocker arms, pivots and pushrods. Any suggestions as to where to source those parts (or where NOT to source them)? It's a stock 4.0 with 200k miles on it.
Thanks!

Hey all.... I've got some lifter noise (I think). The noise is only there on startup and goes away within a minute or two. I want to replace the rocker arms, pivots and pushrods. Any suggestions as to where to source those parts (or where NOT to source them)? It's a stock 4.0 with 200k miles on it.
Thanks!
For those I’d probably just buy them from rockauto.

Reactions: Bnd4Drt
Any recommendations or warnings between Enginetech vs Melling? This'll be my first go at working on this rig and haven't formed any opinions as of yet. I'd planned on going with Fel-Pro Permadry as the gasket.
Also, is there anything else I should be checking/replacing while I'm inside the valve cover?

Thanks again!

Ticking typically comes from lifters IMO. That being the case then a cam is in order as well when the lifters are R&R'ed. How bad is bad also? Every 4.0 Ive had ticked or tapped. Paging Macho...what say you Macho?

Ticking typically comes from lifters IMO. That being the case then a cam is in order as well when the lifters are R&R'ed. How bad is bad also? Every 4.0 Ive had ticked or tapped. Paging Macho...what say you Macho?
I'm starting to think it isn't as bad as I thought.... it ticks pretty good right at cold start up but goes away entirely after a couple of minutes of warm-up. I had a 4.0 back from 95-03, but don't remember any ticking then.... this is a 95 4.0 and maybe I'm just more sensitive to it now.
From what you said (and I've now read) "all 4.0's tick" then I'd say this isn't bad, it makes sense that it takes a few minutes for the oil to thin a bit and get pumped through to the top of the valve train. Maybe this isn't totally necessary.

To be fair, mine has ticked since the day I got it 10 years ago. Jasper motor put in at 40K miles in 2008 and I got it at 45K miles in 2013. It has 82K miles now.

As for Melling or EngineTech, either should be good. I’d probably lean towards Melling. I have their oil pump which works well. Though I have seen folks rebuild their motors with EngineTech and had no issues.

Reactions: Bnd4Drt