Wheel spacing help

Beef

I recently bought a YJ jeep. The person before me already installed a lift and put wheels from a newer jeep on it. I decided they were ok, but i noticed if you turn the wheel all the way backing up something rubs. I think the tire is just catching the leaf spring. They put 5 x 4.5 to 5.5 conversion spacers on it. They are 1.25 thick. Easy fix, buy 1.5” spacers. But I want to mount the spare tire on the back tire carrier, and I just bought a matching used rim from eBay. Can I just use one of the old 1.25” spacers for it to fit? Will the original spare tire carrier work with the spacer?

5145FD9F-5403-4D7A-A5FD-89A89DEDA43E.jpeg

5D8D5BC0-F90A-4685-904C-BACA85B3EC0A.jpeg

B84457FA-1A12-421C-9C27-5EA1E82F0F06.jpeg

Clean lookin YJ you got there. You should be able to adjust the front axle turn stops to where the tires dont rub anymore. Im running 31 on stock wheels myself and at full lock they rub as well. far as the spare goes, yeah, its a 5 on 4.5 pattern using only 3 studs. The spacer will go right on the carrier and the new wheel onto the spacer studs.

Reactions: Steel City 06
Very Clean YJ!
No prob with a spacer on the spare, but the tire may not contact the rubber bumpers on the tailgate.
Easily enough remedied with spacers of their own, probably need longer bolts though.

Just seen this thread. Can anyone advise on a good spacer size for my BF KO2s on my 2.5 inch raised machine please? Fiddling with my Jeep whilst it's off the road for the first time in 2 years waiting for parts from the US.