What tires do you like?

jeepjoe43

YJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
Just a fun question...
What tires do you like to run?
Mostly interested in the Non-daily driver category, but all opinions are welcome.
My YJ is pretty much just a toy. Interstate if I have to, maybe to work once in a while.
That being said, and through 30 years of off-road experience, my own opinion is biased, that is bias ply, Super Swamper TSLs to be specific.
I know they're noisy (love it!), don't last very long, expensive and almost indestructible, but they Work.
What works for you?

Depending on how you wheel it and what size tire and wheel you are shopping for.

I love the BFG Krawler for the rocks, they have a DOT approved version (non-sticky)

But any C rated tire would be my go to. I like Falken Wildpeak M/T’s, Nitto M/T’s, and the MTR for street manners.

The SuperSwamper TSL, SSR, and LTB are great for wet and muddy condtions as their three stage lug is excellent at clearing out compared to the other brands offerings.

I wheel mostly rock, not a fan of mud, but the TSLs are the only tire I have run that stand up to my abuse.
The bias ply holds up well to Very low tire pressure.
Heard good things about Falcons, but never owned them.
As for BFGs, I have had BAD experiences with.
Bad enough that I wouldn't even put BFGs on my Grand Marquis.

Just a fun question...
What tires do you like to run?
Mostly interested in the Non-daily driver category, but all opinions are welcome.
My YJ is pretty much just a toy. Interstate if I have to, maybe to work once in a while.
That being said, and through 30 years of off-road experience, my own opinion is biased, that is bias ply, Super Swamper TSLs to be specific.
I know they're noisy (love it!), don't last very long, expensive and almost indestructible, but they Work.
What works for you?
What width rims are you running your 32x11.5s on? I was thinking about running 32 ATs when my current tires are done. My rims are 15x7 and all of the tires I'm looking at call for 8" width rims.

I'm running 15x10 as Interco called for, I always go with the tire manufactures recommendation.
The bonus is for me is about 4 more inches in track width, wider's a good thing!